Last updated on November 7th, 2017 at 03:41 pm
In the year 2017, the elections were held in 5 states already for the Assembly which are: Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Manipur, Uttarakhand, and Goa. This year along with the Gujarat Assembly, the Himachal Pradesh will also witness the voting and polling in all the districts of the State for the State Assembly elections. The final dates are not issued yet. Election Commision has announced the schedule for election. The 2017 Election for HP State Assembly will be held on 9th November. The detailed schedule is given below.
HP State Assembly Election 2017 Schedule
The Himachal Pradesh Election Commission is soon going to conduct Vidhan Sabha Elections in 2017. Many of the citizens are eagerly waiting for the election dates. The Himachal Pradesh Voter Card List 2017 for the Vidhan Sabha Elections is given for all 12 districts in Himachal Pradesh is live on Himachal CEO’s official Website.
|Event||Date of Event|
|Start of Nomination Filing||16th Oct 2017|
|Last date for Filing Nominations||23rd Oct 2017|
|Scrutiny of nominations||24th Oct 2017|
|Withdrawal of candidatures – Last Day||26th Oct 2017|
|Polling Day||9th Nov 2017|
|Counting and Result Day||18th Dec 2017|
The Himachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly has no pre-constitution records. The State is known to be a post-independence state. The State first came into being as the Centrally Administered territory on April 15th, 1948. The Himachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly Elections which are going to hold on 2017, to elect 68 members of the Himachal Pradesh (Vidhan Sabha) as the term ends on 7th of January 2018 and the elections could be held before that. Virbhadra Singh is the current Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh and Narinder Chauhan is the current CEO of the state who is an Indian Administrative Officer (IAS).
Voter Card List is also called as Electoral Roll: The electoral roll (also called an electoral register or poll book) is a list of persons who are eligible to vote in a particular electoral district and who are registered to vote.
Voter List is a collection of names and other details of all the voters in the state. It is mainly a database which is created by the Election Commission that contains all the information of the eligible voters like Name, Age, Address, Photo etc. and the file containing all the information about the Voters is called as the Electoral Roll.
How to Check Your Name in the Voter List
To check whether your name is there in the Voter List you have to follow these simple steps:
- Firstly, visit the official website of the Himachal Pradesh Election Commission page Here
- Then select your District and Constituency.
- Now enter your name, Father’s/ Husband’s name, and your age and select the Gender.
- Enter the code, that is given in the box and click submit.
- Once all the information is filled in, you need to click on the “Search button“.
- The entire details or the information will be shown below.
- You will find your name, serial number, Voter Card Number, Constituency Number, Polling Station Number and even the House Number mentioned.
- The very first option is the “Show Voter Slip” which means that you can view your Voter Slip Online.
If you all of these details exist after searching, then it means that your details exist in the database and you are an eligible candidate to cast a vote.
How to download Electoral Rolls in PDF Files
Following steps are to be taken to download PDF Files of Electoral Rolls
- Visit the Website of HP Elections Here: www.electionhp.gov.in
- Then select your District and Assembly Segment.
- Then select the Polling Stations.
- Click on “Show PDF” Button to download the pdf file.
The Senior Staff Election Commission officers has reviewed the Poll preparations in the state and said that VVPAT machines are used in the electoral roll. The Voter-Verified Paper Audit Trail Machines will be used in the elections as this will provide an optimum use of the Latest Information technology for an effective and efficient condition.