Last updated on February 2nd, 2018 at 01:30 pm
Housing Development Financial Corporation or popularly known as HDFC bank is an Indian banking and financial services company which is headquartered in Mumbai.
HDFC bank was formed into a legal corporation in August 1994 and commenced operations as a Scheduled Commercial Bank in January 1995. And this financial institution is not limited within the country, but has widespread all over the world, for example Bahrain, Hong Kong etc.
HDFC bank is the second largest private sector lender in the country and ranked as the largest bank in India according to market capitalisation.
Their mission is to be a “World Class Indian Bank”.
|Some Relevants Links|
|HDFC Bank Saving Account||Click Here|
|HDFC Bank Credit Card Customer Care Number||Click Here|
|Check HDFC Bank Account Balance||Click Here|
|Check HDFC Bank Credit Card Balance||Click Here|
|Link Aadhaar Card With HDFC Bank Account||Click Here|
|Check HDFC Bank IFSC Code||Click Here|
The bank has received several awards and recognition for its excellent service like JP Morgan Quality Recognition Award and AIMA Managing India Awards etc. The bank offers a unique financial and banking solution that serves to the needs of an individual, SMEs (Small and Medium Sized Enterprises) and corporate. HDFC offers its services in areas like personal banking, wealth management, and trade services.
This financial institution offers a bouquet of products and services to cater to the needs of its customers. In this article we will discuss about HDFC bank Credit Cards.
HDFC bank provides multiple ranges of credit cards under different varieties with unique features and offers with special discounts which are very affordable for the customers. Read the below table to know different types of Credit Cards issued by the bank:
|Card Name||Joining and Annual Fee||Rewards||Suitable for|
|HDFC Infinia||Rs. 10,000 (Joining and Annual Fees)||Exclusive Rewards across multiple categories like travel, lifestyle, dining and more||High net worth individuals looking for a card that complements their lifestyle|
|HDFC Regalia||Rs. 2500 (Joining and Annual Fees)||Complimentary membership to leading lounge access programs, dining and lifestyle privileges, etc.||For those who appreciate the finer things in life and seek to earn from their luxury spends.|
|Jet Privilege HDFC Bank Diner’s Club||Rs. 10,000 (Joining and Annual Fees)||Earn JP Miles on every expense with complimentary lounge access and other travel benefits.||The compulsive traveller and those who want to travel and live it up in style.|
|Titanium Times Card||Rs. 500 (Joining and Annual Fees)||Discounts on movies, dining, fuel everyday of the year along with rewards points on all transactions||Those seeking to get the best possible benefits from all expenditures they make|
|Snapdeal HDFC Card||Special discounts on snapdeal, cleartrip, and Freecharge. Reward points on every transactions||Cumpulsive online shoppers who prefer the convenience and want to earn rewards on online spends|
|HDFC Solitaire||Rs. 500 (Joining and Annual Fees)||Discounts at leading outlets like shoppers stop along with rewards on grocery shopping and dining||The working woman seeking a credit card that rewards lifestyle, day – to – day and dining expenses|
|Bharat Cash back||Rs. 500 (Joining and Annual Fees)||Cash back offers on IRCTC (Railways), Bill payments and fuel. Additional offers on Smart Buy, Payzapp and easy EMI||Those seeking a basic credit card that takes care of and rewards day to expenses in the form of cash back|
|Diners Club Rewards||Rs. 1000 (Joining and Annual Fees)||Extra rewards when booking flights / hotels online. Also get rewarded for DTH / mobile recharges, movies and more.||The compulsive globetrotter who wants to get rewarded for travelling near and far.|
|HDFC Money Back||Rs. 500 (Joining and Annual Fees)||Rewards points on every expense along with fuel surcharge waiver. Additional rewards on online expenses||Individual who want a credit card to take care of their daily needs with the option the convert reward points to cash|
What are the features of HDFC Bank Credit Cards
There are various features of HDFC bank credit cards which are offered to the customers:
- It offers welcome benefits
- The eligible candidates will also get rewards points such as redemption across multiple airlines
- The credit card holders also get attractive offers on movies and dining
- Spend based Annual and Renewal fee reversals
- Fuel surcharge waivers
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage
What are the advantages of HDFC Credit Cards
Credit card is an ideal product a bank can offer only if you use it sensibly. It comes really handy if you desire to purchase something and running out of cash, it works as a saviour then. Also there are a lot of other advantageous of HDFC credit cards which are as follows:
- It gets you amazing deals in Air tickets as with co branded airline cards; you can earn JPMiles on every purchase.
- It offers reward points on your every single purchase, which you can later use to buy special merchandise and avail deals at the merchant partner stores.
- HDFC credit cards are distinctive as it offers unique privileges to women from exclusive credit cards for women to easy EMI options for costly spends.
How to apply for HDFC Credit Cards
Credit card offers a lot of benefits to the customers and it plays a big role on the economy as well. However, if not used wisely, an individual can be under huge debt and will have to pay a hefty amount in interest. This is because unless individuals pay their credit card bill in full, for every subsequent payment an interest will be charged.
Hence, one requires using credit card sensibly to avail the benefits of the product. With every swipe customers get reward points, AirMiles or other discounts. Besides that, other discounts can also be enjoyed, such as a waiver of fuel surcharge upon spending a certain minimum amount.
There are two ways to apply for credit card such as online and offline.
Online method is one of the most convenient methods to function a task as one can do that anytime and anywhere they wish to. Follow the below mentioned procedure to apply for a credit card in HDFC bank:
- Visit the official website of HDFC bank
- Go to the home page of the website and choose ‘Credit Card’ which you can find under section ‘What are you looking for’
- Select ‘Apply’ from the options ‘Know More’ or ‘Apply’
- Fill in your personal details carefully along with the details of your income
- Click on ‘Submit’ button
You are also required to provide some documents such as proof of address and proof of identity. The customers will get the option to track their application online as well.
Another online method of application is select ‘Apply Now’ on the home page and selects ‘Credit Card’. Applicants then will have to provide their customer ID and mobile number for authentication purpose and after that application will be processed with little documentation. For additional query, applicants can mail HDFC bank.
Offline way is also available for customers who are not very comfortable with the online procedures.
- Visit the nearest HDFC bank branch
- Acquire a form and fill in it properly
- Provide all the required documents to the bank official
- Now the bank official will decide if you are eligible to get the credit card. If you fit in the eligibility criteria, the applicants will be able to procure the credit card of their choice.
What are the documents required to obtain a HDFC Credit Card
If you are applying for HDFC Credit Card, you will have to provide following documents:
- You must have at least 2 photos and signature bearing national identity cards
- Proof of address for which documents like ration card and electricity bill can be submitted
- PAN card, Form 16 and the Income Tax Returns Statement might be asked for.
What are the eligibility criteria of HDFC Bank
Eligibility criteria have been set for availing HDFC Credit Card which is as follows:
- If you want to avail HDFC Credit Card, you are required to be between 21 and 65 years of age
- If you are salaried, your annual income must be at least 2 lakh
- If you are self – employed, your earnings per year must be at least 1.5 lakh
HDFC Credit Card Customer Care
For further query you can get in touch with the bank’s customer care via call, email and SMS. Read below to know more details of HDFC Credit Card customer care:
HDFC Bank Credit Card customer care toll – free number is 1800 266 4332 6160 6161
You can also write to them. For regular post: Manager, HDFC Bank Cards Division, and PO Box # 8654, Thiruvanmiyur PO Chennai – 600 041
HDFC Bank Cards Division, # 8, Lattice Bridge Road, Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai – 600 041
Now when you know all about HDFC Credit card, make sure to pick up the right credit card, otherwise you could end up paying more than you are required to.
To know HDFC Bank IFSC Codes Click Here