Last updated on November 29th, 2017 at 11:32 am
The much awaited Goods and Service Tax (GST) has been introduced on and from July 1st 2017. In the new taxation system, instead of various taxes like Value Added Tax (VAT), Excise Duty, Service Tax, Central Sales Tax (CST), Customs Duty etc, there will be one tax known as Goods and Service Tax (GST).
While celebrations marked the successful implementation of most ambitious New Single Indirect Tax Regime, confusion and anxiety kicked in amongst the consumers and traders. Hence, Central Board of Excise and Custom (CBEC) launched the one stop GST facilitation centre in February 2017, in order to assist tax payers and businesses uploading GST returns.
Needs of GST Seva Kendra
GST Seva Kendra started off to prepare India for the newly reformed taxation system i.e. GST – Goods and Service Tax. After two months of its implementation most of the India is now GST registered hence, GST Seva Kendra is now set for further assistance like GST migration and GST return filing.
Services Offered at GST Seva Kendra
- Information brochures, documents, Trade Notices, forms etc.
- Assistance to taxpayers in helping them understands legal provisions, procedures and documents.
- Helping with the expeditious disposal of their GST applications, references etc. pending with any Departmental authority in the Commissionerate.
- Assisting the taxpayers in getting requisite support from GSTN / DG Systems, CBIC.
- Enhancing taxpayer satisfaction under GST, an area of critical importance to Government, by careful analysis of the prescribed ‘Taxpayer Satisfaction Forms’ for identifying areas of improvement.
How to Find a GST Seva Kendra
The Central Board of Excise and Custom has opened more than 8000 Seva Kendra Centres across the nation in all the districts. All Seva Kendra’s are connected to the GST Network and Central Board of Excise and Customs portals and is manned by trained officers.
- GST Seva Kendra’s are open from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm on all working days.
- One can walk into these offices or they can also take appointment before the visit.
GST Seva Kendra Centres in Major Cities
- Delhi – There are more than 202 GST Seva Kendra offices in Delhi
- Mumbai – There are more than 178 GST Seva Kendra offices in Mumbai
- Bengaluru – There are over 50GST Seva Kendra Centres in Bengaluru.
- Kolkata – There are more than 194 GST Seva Kendra Centres in Kolkata
- Hyderabad – There are more 70 GST Seva Kendra Centres in Hyderabad
- Chennai – There are more than 55 GST Seva Kendra Centres in Chennai.
Find more details about GST Seva Kendra at CBEC Official website @ www.cbec.gov.in