Government’s Aadhaar program was launched in 2009 with an aim to provide universal identity to every Indian resident. The Aadhaar card contains the individual’s biometric and personal information.
At present, this card is considered to be one of the most essential documents which an individual owns as Government of India has mandated it for various reasons.
It has been linked with various Government services such as the LPG subsidy scheme and other Government welfare schemes. If you have an Aadhaar card the subsidized amount will be directly transferred to your account.
It has also been mandated to link with SIM card, Permanent Account Number (PAN), financial institutions along with various social welfare schemes. And deadlines have also been fixed for the linkages.
Read the deadline to link Aadhaar with other important official documents in order to avoid any inconvenience in future – Deadline To Link Aadhaar With Important Document
In case, you have lost or misplaced your Aadhaar card number or Aadhaar Enrolment ID, UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) facilitates subscribers to acquire your Aadhaar card number or enrolment ID again on your registered mobile number or you can also get it on the UIDAI official website uidai.gov.in
How to acquire Aadhaar Card Number or Aadhaar Enrolment ID on your registered mobile number
- Visit the official website of UIDAI and click on the ‘Retrieve Lost UID / EID‘ link (This link can be used to get both your Aadhaar number and Enrolment ID)
- On the resulting page, click on ‘Aadhaar Number‘ which is on the left side of the page for receiving your Aadhaar number on mobile
- Fill in the required personal details and provide name, mobile number or email address which is already registered with Aadhaar and click on ‘Send One Time Password’ (OTP).
- Once you receive the OTP from UIDAI, enter the OTP in the required field and click on ‘Verify OTP‘.
- Once you successfully enter all the necessary details and complete the procedure from your side and it is verified from UIDAI, you will receive a message which says “Congratulation! Your Aadhaar Number (UID) is sent to your Mobile“.
Note: Your registered Mobile Number / Email which you had provided at the time of enrollment is mandatory to retrieve your lost UID / EID.
How to Get Duplicate Aadhaar Enrollment ID
As mentioned above, Receive Your Lost UID / EID enable users to repossess their Aadhaar enrolment number or EID or enrolment number.
Note: This facility is for Aadhaar applicants who are still awaiting their Aadhaar card.
To get Aadhaar enrollment ID, visit the official website of UIDAI and select ‘Enrollment Number (EID)‘ option on the left side of the page.
Fill in the required details such as name, phone number / email and the OTP. At the end of a successful submission, the UIDAI tool sends the enrolment ID to the user.