Last updated on December 28th, 2017 at 02:49 pm
The Supreme Court of India on March 27,2017 ordered that the government cannot be stopped from using Aadhaar identification for its non-welfare schemes like opening of bank accounts, filing of tax returns, verification of new and existing mobile phone numbers and user credentials etc. Many citizens have expressed their doubts and misconceptions about the Aadhaar card. The court has also maintained that the government cannot make Aadhaar mandatory for welfare schemes and it has allowed the government to use it in some schemes, not permitted to be used as a mandatory requirement.
There are two types of Aadhaar forms. The first is the enrolment form and the second if you want to make any changes to the details provided.
Aadhaar Enrollment Form
By filling this form you will finish the first step towards achieving your Aadhaar card. While filling up this form a person should provide the following information
- Your name, date of birth, address and contact information.
- Parent’s if the person who has applied is below the age of 5 years.
- In the following two sections you are required give permission to UIDAI on your bank details, consent for inclusion in welfare schemes and linking bank accounts to Aadhar.
- The Aadhaar enrollment requires the submission of a number of documents like Proof of Address, Proof of Identity and the document related with it. In the next section you need to choose how you would like to verify that information.
- In case you do not have a proof of identity or address, then you use the identity proof of an introducer or the head of your family.
- You will also have to attest the form, as will your introducer/HOF, if you don’t have the required documents.
Aadhaar Correction/Updation Form
In case of any mistakes or changes (eg change in address, name, mobile number), a person must fill in the correction form. The following details must be provided in this form
- Indicating which piece of information needs to be changed.
- Details of the information that will need to be changed. For example, if the name needs to be corrected then you will provide the name that it needs to be changed to.
- The form can also be filled in English and in your local language.
- Once again you will have to mention the documents that you intended on submitting as proof.
- The last thing to do will be to attest the form and send it to the addresses mentioned on the form.
To know more about Aadhaar Registration Please visit the official website at https://uidai.gov.in/