The Aadhaar card is a 12-digit unique number that is issued by the Unique Authority of India. In India, there is a plethora of identity cards like PAN card, Voter’s id card, ration cards etc. The Aadhaar acts as a single identity card that comprises of both the demographic data as well as the biometric data of an individual. Although each of these identity cards holds its own importance, and the Aadhaar is not meant to replace any of them.
The Aadhaar scheme has been introduced by the government to ensure that everyone in the country has an identity which is backed by the government. A valid identity card comes with a number of benefits like it ensures that every citizen is included in the financial economy, it will help in eradicating corruption, terrorism and will help in overall nation building.
E-Aadhaar card refers to the digital Aadhaar card which is a printout copy of the Aadhaar card available online. The E-Aadhaar card has the same validity as the Aadhaar card that a person receives by post. The introduction of E-Aadhaar is a part of the digital India initiative by the government.
How to Download e-Aadhaar PDF ?
- Go to Official Website of e-Aadhaar i.e. https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- If you have recently applied for Aadhaar and still didn’t get your Aadhaar Number, Please Enter your 28 Digit Enrollment ID provided by the Aadhaar Enrollment Center.
- If you have your Aadhaar Number you can just enter your 12 Digit Aadhaar Number.
- Then Enter your Full Name and Pin Code of your Permanent Address.
- Now, enter the Captcha provided in the image above. Just type the letters you see in the image and press submit.
- You will be shown the last 4 digits of your registered mobile number and an One Time Password will be sent to this number.
- Enter the OTP in the space provided and Click on “Validate and Download”
How to Open e Aadhaar PDF? e Aadhaar Password
After downloading the PDF, you will find the downloaded e Aadhaar PDF in your Downloads Folder. You can also check the PDF in your Browsers Download Section, just type “Ctrl + J” to open download section in Chrome.
Double clicking on the PDF will open it and you will be prompted to enter your e Aadhaar Password. The PDF is Password protected to keep your e Aadhaar safe and secure.
Since the E-Aadhaar Document is a password protected document, so whenever an applicant needs to download an E-Aadhaar PDF, he/she has to enter the Pin Code as the password to download the document. But now, the UIDAI has changed the downloading format. Instead of entering the six-digit Pin Code the user or the applicant has to enter an eight-digit password. The password is a combination of first four initial letters of your name (as mentioned in Aadhaar) and the Year of Birth in (YYYY) Format. The password should be in capital letters.
Name: Rahul Ranjan Jha
Year of Birth- 1990
e – Aadhaar is a valid ID Proof and have the same authority as a physical Aadhaar Card. UIDAI has also launched an Android App aptly named mAadhaar which also acts as a proxy to your Aadhaar. You can know more about mAadhaar here https://rupeenomics.com/maadhaar/