Last updated on February 2nd, 2018 at 03:31 pm
On 28 April, 2017, the government of India, Ministry of electronics and IT along with UIDAI passed a circular to clarify the validity of downloaded Aadhaar or e Aadhaar. This is done in lieu of the request received by UIDAI from various organizations and individuals seeking clarification on downloaded Aadhaar also known as E Aadhaar.
As per section 4(3) of Aadhaar Act 2016
It has also been stated that the E-Aadhaar will act as valid proof of name, address, date of birth, gender and identity of an Aadhaar holder.
An E- Aadhaar can be generated anytime and anywhere in this country. A person may require an E-Aadhaar if he or she has lost her Aadhaar card and is searching for a duplicate Aadhaar card or after updating an Aadhaar card a person might opt for an e- Aadhaar or otherwise when he or she is far from an Aadhaar centre etc.
Information Available in eAadhaar Card
The eAadhaar card will comprise of the following information
- Name of the person
- Identity proof in form of a photograph of the person
- Date of birth of the person
- Address of the person
|Various Facilities Provide By The UIDAI Official Website|
|Aadhaar Card Information||Click Here|
|Check Aadhaar Card Status By Name||Click Here|
|Update Aadhaar Card On SSUP||Click Here|
|Aadhaar Card Correction Online||Click Here|
|Change Aadhaar Card Address Without Mobile Number||Click Here|
|Check UIDAI Official Website Services||Click Here|
|Download Aadhaar Card By Aadhaar Number||Click Here|
|Download Aadhaar Card By Name & Date Of Birth||Click Here|
|Link Aadhaar Card With PAN Card||Click Here|
|Link Aadhaar Card With Bank Account||Click Here|
|Link Aadhaar Card To Mobile Number via OTP||Click Here|
Steps to Download eAadhaar By Enrolment ID
- While downloading an E Aadhaar card an individual should make sure that he or she has the Enrollment Number and Date and Time of Acknowledgement as printed on the acknowledgement slip with them. The Enrollment Number will be of 14 digits and Date and Time should be inserted as DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM:SS.
If you already have an Aadhaar, you just have to provide your 12 Digit Aadhaar number.
- Visit the official eAadhaar Website of UIDAI. (https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in)
- Fill in all the necessary details viz. Full Name, Pincode of Address and your Registered Mobile number.
- Click on “Get One Time Password”
- The OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number
- Enter the OTP in the box provided for it and click “Submit”
- After successful submission, the Aadhaar can be downloaded in PDF format. The PDF can be opened either in Adobe reader or in Acrobat reader.
- The PDF can be opened only after providing the password. The password is a combination of first four initial letters of your name (as mentioned in Aadhaar) and the Year of Birth in (YYYY) Format. The password should be in capital letters.e-Aadhaar New Password uidai.gov.in
Benefits of eAadhaar Card
- The E Aadhaar has the same validity as the Aadhaar card that a person gets via post
- The best thing about eAadhaar is that people can easily download the PDF of the Aadhaar anytime and anywhere as it is available online. Now people do not have live in fear of losing their card.
- This is universal identity card and can be used anywhere in India as identity proof or address proof.
- Moreover, to avail many government schemes, Aadhaar number is required. This means that the government has made it mandatory for every individual to produce their Aadhaar to ensure that they benefit from these schemes. The government has taken this step to ensure that such schemes benefits those who are in dire need of it.
- The Aadhaar is also used as a KYC document by many service providing companies. For example, telecom companies, by banks when a customer wants to open a new bank account.
- Besides this the Aadhaar can also be used in availing other government services easily, like Applying for passport, LPG subsidies etc.
- Moreover, Aadhaar is also mandatory to avail central scholarship schemes except for the state of Jammu and Kashmir. Moreover, government has made Aadhaar compulsory to sit for many government exams like JEE(Mains), NEET, JEE(advance).
The government of India in July 18, 2017 introduced the m-Aadhaar application. Through this mobile App, a person will not only have access to his or her Aadhaar card 24×7 in their mobile but also it has biometric settings by which you can lock and unlock biometric profile. There is also an option by which you can see both the front Aadhaar as well as back side of the Aadhaar card. It also comprises a person’s E-KYC which he can send to different people either by mail or by other channels. Moreover, the e- KYC will be in encrypted form so only the UIDAI users can see it.
To know more about mAadhaar click here.