The process of applying for a Ration Card has become very essential these days. In this article, we are going to discuss the Delhi Ration Card. The Department of the Food and Supplies, Government of Delhi manages the Public Distribution System. Nowadays, the Normal Ration cards are converted into Digital Ration Cards.
The Food and Supplies Department of Delhi promotes, manages and regulates the production and the supplies and the distribution of the trade and commerce in Delhi. The Delhi Public Distribution System has also introduced an online portal which helps the applicants or the users or the Delhi Residents to access and get all the information regarding the Ration Cards. Starting from the new application of the Ration Cards to the checking of the status and checking the other details like what are the documents required etc.
The online portal provides the application form, the procedure, how to modify the application form, deletion of the name in the Ration Card and much more.
|Some Important Links|
|Apply For Delhi Voter ID Card|
|Apply For Delhi Driving License|
|Apply For Delhi Passport|
|Delhi Pin Code|
|Delhi Bank IFSC Code|
- 1 How to Apply for a Delhi Ration Card via nfs.delhi.gov.in
- 2 Search Delhi Ration Card Details using nfs.delhi.gov.in
How to Apply for a Delhi Ration Card via nfs.delhi.gov.in
The procedure of applying for Delhi Ration Card are as follows
- To obtain a new Ration Card you need to fill an application form to start the procedure. The application form that is required for applying a new Ration Card is Application Form No.1.
- You can get the Form No.1 from any circle office on the payment of the prescribed fee. The application fee for applying a Blue Ration Card is free or can also use the copy of the form. The applicant can also download the form and take the form to the office during the working hours.
- Fill in all the details in the required areas. Make sure that all the details are correct.
- Along with the application form, also attach or submit the proof of residence copy of the applicant. The proof of the residence can be (electricity bill, telephone bill, house tax receipt, water bill, registration deed, allotment letter etc.)
- Also, include a proof of identity of the applicant. The proof of the identity of the applicant can be a Voter ID, Aadhaar Card, Driving License, PAN Card etc.)
- Three passport size photograph, attested by the Gazetted Officer.
- Now submit the application form along with all the required documents to the concerned authorities.
- After the completion of the submission of the form, the officer will give an acknowledgement receipt which is very important. The acknowledgement receipt helps in checking the status of the delhi ration card application form.
- After a certain verification, the certain officer will issue the Ration card. The applicants can receive the Ration Card from the office from where you have submitted the application.
Procedure for Applying for Tatkal Delhi Ration Card
For the convenience of the Delhi residents, the Government of Delhi has introduced the Tatkal Ration Card Scheme. Under the Tatkal Ration Card Scheme, the card is issued within 2 days after the submission of the application form and the payment.
Only the Above the Poverty Line Category are issued with this Tatkal Ration Card Scheme. The procedures for applying a Tatkal Ration Card are:
- Firstly, take the application form from the concerned office or download from nfs.delhi.gov.in.
- The scheme of Tatkal procedure is not applicable for the Foreign Nationals.
- Fill in all the details in the application form correctly. Also, paste a recent passport size photograph of the head of the family.
- Affix all the required details and the following documents mentioned below
- Three Passport size photographs attested by the Gazetted Officer/MP/MLA.
- The signature of the applicant must also be attested by the Gazetted Officer.
- An affidavit from the notary public in respect of correctness of detail in form and the documents that are attached must be true and correct.
- Now submit the application form along with the documents to the concerned Zonal Assistant Commissioner within two working days and during the working hours.
- After the form submission, the counter officer will provide you the slip of the submission which contains the date and time of receiving the Ration Card.
- On the prescribed date and time, you can receive the Ration Card from the Zonal Assistant Commissioner.
Details Required for Applying for a Delhi Ration Card
The important information that is required while applying for a Delhi Ration Card
- Enter the full name of the applicant. The name should be mentioned in Block Letters.
- Enter Father Name/Husband Name.
- Enter Complete Permanent Address (House Number/ Gali/ Mohalla/ Street/ Locality).
- Enter the full address of the person for which the consumer’s card or the Ration Card is required.
- Enter the name of all the family members.
- Enter relation with the person for which the Ration Card is applied.
- Mention your age, father/husband’s name, the Identity Card Number, the time period of you staying in Delhi.
- Enter the Circle Number.
Guidelines by NFS Delhi for Applying for a Ration Card
While applying for a Delhi Ration card, you need to take care of following instructions and the guidelines. The following are the necessary guidelines for applying for a New Delhi Ration card:
- The information or the data must be filled in correctly and the details must be true. Wrong details can cause rejection of the form.
- The documents need to be attached and submitted along with the application form and must be attested by the Gazetted Officer/ MP/ MLA.
- During the submission of the application form, do not forget to take the acknowledgement receipt from the counter clerk. It is used while receiving the Ration Card.
- At the time of the submission of the form, make the payment of the processing fee charges to the counter of the office.
- In the application form, the name of the applicant is to be filed in the Block Letters.
Search Delhi Ration Card Details using nfs.delhi.gov.in
There are basically two ways of searching the information about the Delhi Ration Card User Name.
- One is the number of RC and
- The other is by the name.
This service is provided by the Department of the Food and the Supplies and the Consumer Affairs, Government of Delhi.
Helpline numbers are also available for any queries or information. The helpline number is available on all the working days. The online portal is available 24*7 days so that every person can access. All you need is an Internet Connection and a Computer to access the portal. The portal is available in two Languages. The users can check any one of the users according to their comfort. The users can search that whether their name is included in the Ration List or not by entering the details. You can also track the application, FPS Shop and many other. For receiving the latest updates, you need to update your mobile number. A feedback section is also present so that the users can suggest any sort of improvement suggestions or ideas, receiving the response is fast.
Search by Ration Card Number on nfs.delhi.gov.in
- Visit the following link- nfs.delhi.gov.in/Citizen/ViewRcDetails.aspx
- Now enter the Aadhaar Number of any Family Member.
- Enter the N.F.S Application ID.
- Enter the new Ration card Number and the Old Ration Card Number.
- Now click on the search button.
- It provides the details of the Ration Card User. So make sure that you enter the correct details.
Search by Applicant’s Name
- Visit the following link-nfs.delhi.gov.in/Citizen/ViewRcDetails_ByName.aspx
- Enter the beneficiary’s name
- Enter the father’ / Husband’s name
- Enter the House Number
- Enter the mobile number (Make sure that the number is valid).
- Now click on the search button.
- All the details of the Ration Card are available here so enter the correct details and you can also take out the printout of the details.
Hence, these are the ways to apply and search for the details and the status of the NFS Delhi Ration Card using the Official Website nfs.delhi.gov.in.