Chattisgarh-CG Ration Card is an Indian traditional document which works as an address proof and identity proof. The primary use of the ration card is to get basic necessities such as food grains, fuels, etc. Hence, a ration card is an official document that entitles a citizen to get benefits from such subsidies offered by the government, such as Chhattisgarh Government (khadya.cg.nic.in).
- 1 Types of Chattisgarh-CG Ration Card (khadya.cg.nic.in)
- 2 Eligibility Criteria of Ration Card in Chhattisgarh (khadya.cg.nic.in)
- 3 Documents Required for Applying for a Chattisgarh-CG Ration Card (khadya.cg.nic.in)
- 4 How to Apply for a Chattisgarh-CG Ration Card (khadya.cg.nic.in)
- 5 How to Check the Application Status Once Applied for Chattisgarh Rtion Card (khadya.cg.nic.in)
- 6 How to Add Names in Chhattisgarh CG Ration Card (khadya.cg.nic.in)
- 7 Documents Required for Adding Names in Ration Card (khadya.cg.nic.in)
- 8 Benefits of Chhattisgarh-CG Ration Card (khadya.cg.nic.in)
- 9 Check Chattisgarh-CG Ration Card List (khadya.cg.nic.in)
Types of Chattisgarh-CG Ration Card (khadya.cg.nic.in)
Department of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection (khadya.cg.nic.in) of Chhattisgarh offers three basic types of Ration Cards which are as follows:
- Above Poverty Line (APL) Cards
- Below Poverty Line (BPL) Cards
- Antyodaya Cards which are issued to the poorest section of the society
Saffron Ration Cards
These ration cards are issued to non – scheduled caste, and non – scheduled tribe citizens. Also, their names are required to be part of the Khadya BPL (khadya.cg.nic.in) list prepared after the 1991 or 1997 surveys but should not be a part of the BPL list prepared by the 2002 survey.
Grey Ration Cards
This Chattisgarh-CG Ration Cards (khadya.cg.nic.in) are issued to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe Citizens who doesn’t hold Antyodaya Ration Cards in rural areas. Also, their names need to be in the BPL list 2002. They could be in both rural and urban areas if they hold blue ration cards having been included in the BPL list prepared accordance with the surveys done previously.
Eligibility Criteria of Ration Card in Chhattisgarh (khadya.cg.nic.in)
Certain eligibility criteria have been fixed to apply for a Chattisgarh-CG Ration Card (khadya.cg.nic.in). Read below to know the eligibility criteria:
- The applicant must be a citizen of India
- The applicant must be a Permanent Resident of the state of Chhattisgarh (khadya.cg.nic.in).
- The applicant must not possess another ration card
Documents Required for Applying for a Chattisgarh-CG Ration Card (khadya.cg.nic.in)
Keep the below mentioned documents handy before applying for a Chattisgarh-CG Ration Card (khadya.cg.nic.in):
- Two passport size photographs of the Head of the Family
- Proof of residence such as voter’s Identity card, telephone bill, Driving License, PAN (Permanent Account Number) Card, Passport etc.
- You should also submit an Affidavit describing the income levels of your family. The document should be attested by a lawyer.
- Self – Declaration and Ward Councilor’s / Pradhan’s Certificate in the prescribed format.
- Proof of Date of Birth (Submit your 10th Pass Certificate or your Birth Certificate).
- Personal Documentation
- Birth certificate
- PAN card
- Your report card from school showing that you have cleared the 10th grade
- A transfer certificate from your school which would have your birth date printed on it
- Proof of address
- Electricity and telephone bills which may have been issued recently.
- LIC bond.
- Aadhaar card.
- Agreement of the house.
- Proof of age
- Birth certificate.
- PAN card.
- A certificate of transfer from any school which contains the date of birth of the applicant.
- A Mark sheet of the 10th grade to ensure that the applicant has received some education
- Documents for current address
- The lease agreement of your place along with the electricity bill.
- The lease agreement and the bill for liquefied petroleum gas.
How to Apply for a Chattisgarh-CG Ration Card (khadya.cg.nic.in)
The application process of Chhattisgarh is extremely simple and easy. Follow the below mentioned steps to apply for a Chattisgarh-CG Ration Card:
- Acquire an application form the Food and Civil Supplies Office from the Common Service Center (CSC) or you can also get it from the official website (khadya.cg.nic.in) also i.e. forms.gov.in/CG/373.pdf
- Fill up the application form with correct details by specifying name of the head of the family, father’s / husband’s name, residential address, profession, office address, details of the family members which includes name, age, relationship with the family head and voter list members
- Also mention the family members who are not already enrolled in another state’s ration card
- Provide all the required documents along with the application form and cross check the information you have provided. When satisfied, submit your completed application form and documents to the officials at the center and obtain your acknowledgment slip. You also need to pay a nominal processing fee of Rs. 5/-
Once you submit your application form and the required documents, the information submitted would be verified as per standard procedure by the officials. After the verification process, you would be issued with your ration card.
How to Check the Application Status Once Applied for Chattisgarh Rtion Card (khadya.cg.nic.in)
If you don’t receive your ration card within the specified time period, you can check the status of your application as well.
You can track the status of your application online on the ‘Track Application ‘section of the website of the government i.e. edistrict.cgstate.gov.in/Workflow/trackAppStatus.html
How to Add Names in Chhattisgarh CG Ration Card (khadya.cg.nic.in)
If you wish to add name on the ration card you can do so by following the below mentioned procedure:
- Visit your nearest Food and Civil Supplies Office, Common Service Center (CSC) or CHOICE center and
- Acquire the form for inclusion of name in the Chattisgarh-CG Ration Card. Also make sure to carry the required documents with you when you visit the center.
Documents Required for Adding Names in Ration Card (khadya.cg.nic.in)
Submit all requisite documents along with your application form together with a copy of your ration card in which you wish to get a name added. The Aadhar card of the family member whose name has to be added can also be a valuable asset. If the member whose name needs to be added is less than 5 years of age, you need to submit the Birth Certificate and also the Teekakaran copy.
If, however, the member whose name is to be added to the ration card is more than 5 years of age, you need to also submit an Affidavit in addition to the Birth Certificate. Your local center would guide you with the required formalities and additional documents required if any.
Benefits of Chhattisgarh-CG Ration Card (khadya.cg.nic.in)
Every national and international market goes through fluctuation. And that affects the lower strata of the society the most. Hence, the government bears the major portion of the costs of everyday commodities in order to provide some relief to the people from the price hike.
Another most important benefit of a Chattisgarh-CG Ration Card is that it works as a proof of identity at a number of places. Before the onset of PAN (Permanent Account Number) Card, Passport etc, Ration Card used to work as a valid proof of identity. In fact, it still works as a valid identity proof at the time of acquiring other official documents such as Aadhaar Card.
It also works as a residential proof which cans be used before securing loans etc. without any hassle.
It is also important to note that the Aadhaar Card is not an individual Identity card; it is actually a family document which comprises details of family members such as children, income levels, gender, photographs etc.