In today’s time in India, Aadhaar is the most important document as Government has tightly woven Aadhaar with the economy by first linking it with subsidies and then gradually making it mandatory for performing almost everything from bank transactions to filing your taxes.
Also, this 12 digits unique identification card consists of your Demographic and Biometric details such as fingerprints, iris scans etc. Hence, it is important to keep a track of your Aadhaar Card that where and when your Aadhaar card was used for authentication purpose. As it contains all your personal details and linked with other important official documents, you might be worried about its misuse. Unique Identification Authority of India or commonly known as UIDAI who administers Aadhaar has introduced the provision of checking where and when your Aadhaar card was used. Follow the below mentioned steps for the same:
- Visit Aadhaar authentication history page i.e. resident.uidai.gov.in/home
- Enter your Aadhaar number and the security code in the picture on your screen
- Select ‘Generate OTP’ (One Time Password)
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile phone number. Don’t forget to verify your number on the UIDAI website
- Now you will get an option to choose the period of information and the number of transactions. Enter the OTP you have received on your phone and click on submit option
- Now, you will see a date, time and type of all Aadhaar authentication requests made in the period you had chosen. However, the page won’t show who made the requests.
- Also, note that UIDAI offers locking and unlocking system for Aadhaar as well.
PAN (Permanent Account Number)
Log in to the official website of Income Tax Department. Enter your Aadhaar details and complete the authentication process. The deadline for this has been extended to March 31.
|How To Link Aadhaar Card With PAN Card
You can also link your Aadhaar with your bank account by paying a visit to your nearest bank branch. You can also do that by internet banking. However, please note that the deadline for the same is March 31st.
|How To Link Aadhaar Card With Bank Account
Mutual Fund Folio
The online option is available for complete the linking procedure of Aadhaar Number with your mutual fund. And the last date for the same is March 31st.
To Know About Aadhaar Linkage Deadlines.