Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) was launched in 2015 by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi with a vision to provide affordable housing to the Economically Weaker Section of the Society, Low Income Group (LIG), and Mid Income Group (MIG).
This scheme seeks to address the housing problem through the following broad programs:
- Slum rehabilitation
- Provision of Credit linked subsidy for the weaker section
- Provision of affordable housing by collaborating with public and private sectors
- Beneficiary – led house construction or enhancement
Anybody belong to above mentioned sections can apply for the scheme by filling an application form which is available at the official website which is: http://pmaymis.gov.in/
This scheme has been adopted by the Uttar Pradesh government who is further offering the scheme to the people of Uttar Pradesh (UP).
Application Status of PMAY (Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana)
Once applied it is important to keep a track of your application status which you can do from the comfort of your home also, as UP government provides online facility to check the status of your application online.
Procedure to check the status of your application is either you can track the assessment form by clicking on the “By Name, Father’s Name”, and “ID Type” or by clicking on “By Assessment ID”.
- If you click on “By Name, Father’s Name”, it will direct you to page where you will have to provide State Name, City Name, District Name, Father’s Name, Name, ID Type (Aadhaar or Other ID), Mobile Number and submit the form.
- Or You can also select the other option which is “By Assessment ID” and by clicking on this option you will have to fill Assessment ID and Mobile Number and submit the form in order to check the status of your PMAY application.
Also, please note that UP government have extended the last dates for online application to 31st October. And the last date to submit the offline application was 15th October, which is over. Hence, the interested candidates can apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) only through online procedure.
Some highlights of the scheme
Scheme – Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana aims to provide affordable housing solutions for economically weaker sections of the society.
Objective – The objective of the scheme is to provide affordable housing for all.
Target group – This scheme is aimed at people who belong to the economically weaker sections of society and low income groups
Subsidy range – Between Rs. 1 lakh and Rs. 2.30 lakh
Interest Rate – 6.5%
- People those who are of 70 years of age or lesser than that are eligible to avail this scheme
- Also people from economically weaker section with less than 3 lakh of income yearly and people from lower income groups with the yearly income between Rs. 3 to Rs. 6 lakh.