Individuals can check Adhaar Status once they receive the Acknowledgement Slip. Aadhaar Status can be checked online as well as Offline (Check Aadhaar Status). There are various ways to check Aadhaar Status. This article is all about the different ways through which you can check Adhar Status both Offline and Online.
- 1 Check Aadhaar Status Online
- 2 How to Check Aadhar Status without Acknowledgement/ Enrollment Status
- 3 Check Aadhaar Status by Enrollment Number
- 4 Checking Aadhaar Status by Name
Check Aadhaar Status Online
This is the basic method to check the Aadhaar Status online. Individuals can check the Aadhaar Status by visiting the UIDAI Official Portal. No fees will be charged for this. The steps to check the Aadhaar Status online is as follows:
- Go to the Aadhaar Card Official Website of UIDAI- www.uidai.gov.in
- In the Aadhaar Enrollment Section, under the Aadhaar Online Services section, click on “Check Aadhaar Status” option.
- Enter the required details- Enrollment ID, Date and Time of Enrollment, Security Code, and click on the “Check Status Button”
- If your Aadhaar Card is generated then, you will receive a message regarding it and options to download the e-Adhar online and get it on your registered mobile number.
- If you want to download e-Aadhaar, then you can get it by clicking the Download Option.
- If you want to get the Aadhar on your mobile, then you can select Get Aadhaar on Mobile option.
Steps to follow for Mobile/Phone Verification
This is another method to check Aadhaar Status. You can check the status through the Mobile Number of the Applicant. But you need to make sure that, the mobile number must be verified. So the procedure to verify the Mobile/ Phone are as follows:
- Visit UIDAI Official Website
- Select the “Aadhaar Services” option which redirects to a link to download E-Adhaar Update.
- You will be automatically redirected to the “Adhar Kiosk” by clicking on the above-mentioned option.
- Click on the “Verify E-mail/ Mobile Number” option that appears on the right side of the screen.
- Enter certain details such as the 12-digit Aadhar Number and either E-mail ID or Mobile Number.
- A security code will be displayed on the screen. Enter the security code and click on the option “Generate Verification Code”
- A Verification code will be sent on the registered mobile number. Enter the Verification Code
- Enter the Code and Verify the process.
Check Aadhaar Status through Mobile Process
Individuals can check Aadhaar Status through the Mobile Number. Make sure that your Mobile number must be registered and active while applying for Aadhaar. The step by step procedure to check the Adhaar Status through Mobile is as follows:
- Type the Following SMS “UID STATUS <14-Digit Enrollment Number>” and send it to 51969.
- If the Aadhaar is generated, the applicant receives an SMS containing the Aadhaar Number.
- If the Adhaar is not generated, an SMS will be sent to the applicant regarding the current status of the Aadhar.
How to Check Aadhar Status without Acknowledgement/ Enrollment Status
After the completion of the Verification process, the individuals will receive an Acknowledgement Slip. If in case, the Acknowledgement slip is misplaced or the individual forgets, then you don’t have to worry about that. One can still track the Adhaar Status by the following steps:
- Visit the UIDAI Official Website
- Click on the “Aadhaar Services Link” and go to the link
- Click on “Find UID/ EID” Option
- Candidate can retrieve his/her Aadhar Number/ Lost Enrollment Number through this option.
- Enter the required details- Full Name, E-mail, Date of Birth etc.
- Enter the Security Code that appears on the screen.
- Click on the “Get OTP”
- OTP will be received on the registered mobile number/e-mail ID. Enter the OTP.
- Click on the “Verify” button.
- Once the verification is successful, candidates will receive Adhar Enrollment Number is sent either on registered mobile number/ e-mail ID.
Check Aadhaar Status by Enrollment Number
Candidates can check Adhaar Status either offline/online. Applicants can call on the Enquiry phone number 1947 to check whether Aadhaar is generated or not. Once the enrollment is done, a candidate can follow the following steps to check the Aadhar Status with Enrollment Number.
- Visit the UIDAI Website
- Enter the Enrollment ID, Date and Time of Enrollment.
- Enter the Security Code
- Click on the “Check Status” button.
- The Aadhaar Status will be displayed on the screen.
- If your Aadhaar is generated, then download the e-Aadhaar and take the print out.
Checking Aadhaar Status by Name
When you apply for an Aadhaar, you receive an Acknowledgement Slip that contains the Enrollment ID. The Enrollment ID is used to track the Status of the Aadhaar card. If you are updating the details in the Aadhaar card, then you will receive a request update number on successful submission of the Application Number. The URN will be used to track the Aadhaar Card Status.
Steps to Check the Aadhaar Status through India Post
Once the Aadhaar is generated it will be dispatched by UIDAI through Postal Service. The procedure takes around 60 to 90 days. You can track your Adhaar card online through Indian Post through following steps-
- Go to the Indian Posts Website
- Enter the Consignment details (you will get this details on the Aadhaar website)
- Submit and the status will be displayed on the screen.