The Constitution of India under Article 326 has provided the right to every citizen the right to vote and take part in elections after reaching 18 years of age. This right is available to every citizen irrespective of caste, class, gender etc. The right to vote is not a fundamental duty under article 51A of Indian constitution but it is a civic duty of every Indian citizen to take part in elections. The Voter ID card which is also called the EPIC (Electronic Photo Identity card ) is issued by the Election Commission of India.
- 1 How to apply for a Voter ID Card of CEO WEST Bengal
- 2 How to track Voter ID Card of CEO West Bengal
- 3 How to apply for a duplicate Voter ID Card of CEO West Bengal
- 4 How to make corrections to the Voter ID Card of CEO West Bengal
How to apply for a Voter ID Card of CEO WEST Bengal
Elections in West Bengal is similarly conducted in accordance with the law enshrined in the Indian constitution. West Bengal is one of the most politically active states in India. Elections in West Bengal is conducted by the West Bengal State Election Commission. In order to practice the right to vote, all Indian citizens are required to have voter ID card. Various ways of applying for a voter Id card in West Bengal are:
Apply for CEO West Bengal Voter ID Card Online
The following steps must be taken in order to apply for a voter card in West Bengal:
- Visit the official website of West Bengal CEO.
- After this, you will be redirected to its homepage where you are required to fill form number 6.
- You can select your preferred language to fill the form.
- New users must first register in the portal with the current mobile number and Email ID.
- After filling all the details, you are required to upload the necessary documents and then submit.
- After the submission of the form along with the documents, the verification process will get started within two to three weeks.A booth level officer will be sent to the applicant’s residence for verification.
- Once all the details provided are proved correct a new voter Id card will be sent to the registered address within four to five days.
Apply for CEO West Bengal Voter ID Card Offline
While the online process is the easier process, there are a number of people in the rural West Bengal who prefer to go to the electoral office and complete the process of application. The following steps must be taken while applying for a voter Id card offline:
- Visit your nearest electoral office along with the necessary KYC documents like proof of residence, identity and age.
- Fill the form and recheck it avoid any mistakes.
- Submit the completed form along with the necessary KYC documents to the nearest the Electoral Registration Office.
- In order to speed up the process, you can mention the names of your family members whose names are already on the voter list.
- After this, the verification will start and a booth level officer will be sent to the applicant’s residence to verify the information provided in person.
- The Election commission organizes regular drives to check whether or not all the listed voters are provided with a voter Id.
How to track Voter ID Card of CEO West Bengal
There are various avenues by which the status of the voter Id card can be checked. The steps of some of the methods are given below:
Check Voter ID Status Online of CEO West Bengal
By checking the electoral rolls in the official website of the West Bengal CEO one can know whether he or she is included in the voter list.The following steps must be taken to track the status of the voter Id card online:
- Go to the search page of the Official Website.
- You can search for your electoral rolls either district wise or constituency wise.
- You can search your roll by either entering your name or your relation’s name and then click on the “search” option.
Check Voter ID Card status via SMS in WB
This facility also helps in knowing the employee’s number, the name of the constituency, polling booth etc.The status of your application can be tracked simply by sending an SMS in the following pattern in either of the following number:
- WBEC voter ID number to 51969.
- voter Id number to 9433633333.
Voter ID by Calling the ECI helpline number
The status of your voter Id can also be checked by calling the ECI helpline number, that is 1950. The helpline is available from 10 am to 5 pm on all working days.
How to apply for a duplicate Voter ID Card of CEO West Bengal
There may arise a number of situations when you might want a duplicate Voter ID card. For instance when you have lost your ID card when your ID card got stolen or misplaced etc. For reissuing a duplicate ID card the following steps must be taken:
- Before issuing a duplicate voter id card one should first file a FIR to the police station.
- The FIR must be filled along with an application form containing the name, date of loss, voters ID card number etc.
- Once the FIR has been filed, form number 002 must be filled for applying for a duplicate Voter ID card.
- Complete the form and submit it along with the necessary documents and a copy of the FIR that will prove the loss of the Voter ID card, to the nearest Election Commission Office.
- The application will be reviewed and the documents will be verified within a week and a new Voter ID card will be sent to the applicant’s residence.
How to make corrections to the Voter ID Card of CEO West Bengal
There may arise various situations in life when a person might want to make changes / Correction to the information provided in the voter’s id card, for example, change in surname after marriage, or if a person got the voters Id card with a misspell name etc.There are two ways by which an individual can make corrections to the voter Id card.The details of both these methods are given below:
Online method of correction to CEO West Bengal Voter Id card
The online method is quite simple as it will reduce your visit to the Regional Electoral Office. You can simply download form number 8 from the official website of the Election Commission of India.While filling the form make sure that each information provided is correct and up to date.The completed form must be submitted along with all the mandatory documents.After this, a booth level officer will again visit your residence to verify the information in person.Once the verification process gets completed a new voter Id will be sent to your address.
Offline method of correction to CEO West Bengal Voter Id card
While the online method is the easier method, many people in rural India prefers the offline method more.The offline method helps people to clear their doubts by asking the official authorities in person.In the offline method, a person can simply visit the nearest Regional Electoral Office and collect form 8. This form must be filled and submitted along with the necessary documents.After the application process is completed a booth level officer will be sent who will verify the information in person.Once the verification process gets completed a new voter id card will be sent to the address of the applicant.