Home » Latest News
Category Archives: Latest News
EPF (Employees Provident Fund) scheme is a retirement savings scheme for employees across India. In this scheme, a small portion of your salary is deducted from your salary account to your EPF account. Over a time it grows into a corpus which can be handy at the time of the emergencies.
Earlier if an employee switches their jobs they had to open a new EPF account with the company and submit an application to the new company to transfer the previous balance in new account. And as this was very inconvenient especially when one had to switch job frequently, the employees either used to avoid the whole process or withdraw their EPF account.
However, with the new initiative taken by the EPFO (Employees Provident Fund Organization), your EPF account will be automatically transferred in case you switch your job. Hence, it becomes easy and very convenient for people who change their jobs frequently.
This was communicated by the Central Provident Fund Commissioner in an order stating the revision of the transfer procedure.
Offline and Online method of EPF accumulation after changing jobs
In case your Aadhaar number is not linked with your PF account or with UAN (Universal Account Number) or the verification is still pending with the previous employer, you have to go with the offline procedure, as online procedure is not available in such cases.
For offline process of EPF accumulation, you have to get Form 13 (you can get it from your employer or you can download it by clicking here) fill the form properly and submit it to your new employee. Followed by the employer who is required to forward this application to EPFO office and PF will transferred in due course.
Also note, in the offline transfer the attestation of both the previous and the new employer is required.
In an online process, an employee is required to fill up the Composite Declaration Form (F – 11 Click here to download) with the details about their previous PF account and UAN, when they join a new company and submit it to their new employer.
The new employer is then required to update these details on the employers portal at EPFO
In case the UAN and PF account is linked with your Aadhaar number it will proceed with auto – transfer process.
Once done, an SMS will be sent on employees mobile phone number informing the same.
Check Here – How to link Aadhaar with EPF Account.
Aadhaar linkage deadlines are near and deadline for submitting KYC (Know Your Customer) details to PPIs (Prepaid Payment Instrument) such as Paytm, MobiKwik, etc was on 28th Feb 2018. The initial deadline for the wallets was December 31st, 2017, which was later extended to February 28, 2018.
The RBI (Reserve Bank of India) refused to extend the deadline any further and says
However, assurance has been given by the authority that if someone fails to meet the given deadline, they would not lose money in their mobile wallets
He further added that
How to reactivate e – wallet
Once the customer provide their Aadhaar details which is a part of KYC (Know Your Customer) process, they can enjoy full services of their mobile wallets.
The process for most e – wallets is almost the same: you open the app and type your registered mobile number and you will receive a One Time Password (OTP) on your registered mobile number and put the OTP and you will be able to upload your Aadhaar details.
In case of Paytm, people can either visit a nearest Paytm KYC centre or schedule a visit from a Paytm representative after uploading Aadhaar details on the app.
However, PPIs apparently find the KYC requirement a challenging job as they fear business loss if stricter guidelines are implemented with majority customers sticking to minimum KYC.
BHIM stands for Bharat Interface for Money. This app has been launched by the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi on December 30th, 2016 at Digi Dhan Mela Event in Tatikonda Stadium in New Delhi. The App is named after a man who worked for the Dalits. The BHIM App is a re-branded version of UPI (Unified Payment Interface) and USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data).
This application is used to transfer or send money without even going to the bank. The application provides a fast and secure medium to make the digital payments through the mobile phone. Through the UPI Payments solutions, the money is sent digitally through Biometric Scanners without card swiping in POS Machines.
The app is simple and your fingerprint is enough to transact money. You do not need an Internet or a Smart Phone to access this application. More than 100 Crore of people has issued Aadhaar. The BHIM App will empower small traders, tribal, farmers.
How to Download the BHIM App from Google Play Store
Currently, the BHIM App can be downloaded by the Android Users only. For the IOS Users, the app can be downloaded from iTunes Store.
Below mentioned are the step by step procedure to download the BHIM App from the Google Play Store
- Go to the Google Play Store.
- Search for the BHIM App.
- Click on the install button and wait till the download is completed.
- The app gets automatically installed on your mobile phone.
- After the installation set a preferred language either in English or Hindi.
- Click on Next.
- Click again on the Next button.
- Now click on the “Let’s Get Started Tab”.
- Now verify the mobile number which is linked to the Bank Account. Make sure that the Mobile Number is linked to the Bank account.
- An SMS is sent to your registered mobile number to verify whether the number is linked to your bank account.
- Now your mobile number is verified automatically.
- A 4-digit Passcode is sent. Enter the Passcode and re-enter for the Confirmation.
- Select the Bank from the list.
- Choose the bank you want to select.
- Select the bank account where you want to perform the transactions.
- After the selection of the Bank, enter the last six digits of the Debit Card/ATM Card Number and enter the valid year and month.
- After the successful registration of the App, you will get the Confirmation details so that you can send or receive money. You can simply send the money by scanning the QR Code.
Sending Money to Different Bank Accounts
If you are sending money to a different bank account number then it can be done in two ways:
- The first method is the phone number or the payment address of the recipient. Make sure that the recipient is registered with UPI.
- The second method is by entering the recipient name, account number, and bank IFSC Code.
Request Money from Other Friends Bank Account
You can request for money from anyone using two methods:
- By entering the mobile number or payment address.
- By generating the QR Code for a particular amount.
Other Features Provided by the BHIM App
- Send and Receive Money
- Can check your bank balance and transaction details in one go.
- You can create custom payment address in addition to your mobile number.
- You can also scan a QR Code for a faster entry of payment address. Merchants can easily print their QR Code for the display.
- The transaction limits are maximum of Rs 10, 000 per transaction and Rs 20, 000 per 24 hours. The limit for the USSD has currently been set at Rs 5000 per day.
- The transaction charges are Nil for transaction up to Rs 1000.
- For Transactions above Rs 1000- NEFT Charges + Service Tax
- For transactions up to Rs 10, 000- Rs 2. 50 + Service Tax.
Benefits of the BHIM App
- It is a digital payment app for all the bank accounts.
- Money remains in your bank account, so you earn interest
- There are no charges for accessing BHIM Infra, Minimal UPI Charges from banks for making transactions.
- The app is simple, secure and light.
- It can also be accessed without internet by dialing *99# from any mobile number.
Thus, BHIM is an initiative that is taken by the Government to provide a fast, simple and secure payments. The Government is still trying to add a lot more features to make it more efficient and quick.
Now getting registered for a marriage is a few clicks away for the couples. The couples who are willing to get married under the Special Act 1954, the Government has recently introduced the Aadhaar – Based online facility for the process and thus making it be mandatory. With this online process, the best part is that there is no need of a lawyer or middlemen in the tehsil office to get the marriage certificate issued.
Brajesh Pathak, the State Minister for Law and Justice said that
To get your marriage registered, the user has to login to igrsup.gov.in. The applicant couple (both husband and wife) must have an Aadhaar Card with their mobile numbers. After the filling of the form, a One-Time Password is sent for the access to the payment gateway.
Once the payment is done (Rs 10 within the first month of the marriage and Rs 20 if more than 30 days have passed) an acknowledgment receipt is provided and the copy of the marriage certificate can be downloaded. The process includes Biometric Authentication. Thousands of people have actually used this facility and have been successfully implemented.
The Law Commission of India has recommended that the marriage registration has been made compulsory within 30 days of the wedding, with no exemption to any religious community. The Panel has also decided severe punishments for those who do not follow the rules and for those who have provided the wrong information.
Different camps are organized to help the couples, who have married earlier but have no certificate. The Officials said that UP is well prepared to implement the order and since the system is linked with UIDAI, it will prevent the misuse.
Brajesh Pathak made a statement that
The UP Director General of Unique Identification Authority of India Reema Singh claimed that 100% of the population have their Aadhaar Card. she said
The 12 digit Unique Identification Number provided to the residents of India has been deactivated by the UIDAI. “Till date, approximately 81 lakhs Aadhaar numbers have been deactivated,” the minister informed the Parliament on Friday.
The reason behind this step has been explained by the Ministry of State for E&IT, PP Chaudhary is
Check if Your Aadhaar Number still exists
- Visit the UIDAI official website uidai.gov.in
- Tap on to the ‘Verify Aadhaar Number’ option on the right side of the home page.
- Enter the 12 digit verification number on the given box along with a security code and verify if your Aadhaar number still exists.
- In case the number exists a message will be displayed confirming the existence of the number. In case of deactivation of the number, a message will be sent saying the number does not exist.
Also the Government mandated linking Aadhaar with PAN for filing Income Tax Return or in obtaining new PAN card. Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) extended the last date of the process to 31st August.
This step of mandating the linkage of PAN and Aadhaar has been done in order to prevent the duplicity of the document. To know more about: Linking Aadhaar and PAN is a must: Hasmukh Aadhia
If you want to update your Aadhaar, you can do that easily through UIDAI Official website i.e. uidai.gov.in or offline. To know the whole process please see How to Update Aadhar Card Online and Offline