Home » Latest News
Category Archives: Latest News
On 27th December, government has decided to bring down interest rates on small savings scheme which includes NSC (National Savings Certificate) and PPF (Public Provident Fund) by 0.2 percent for the January to March period from the rates applicable in the previous quarter; it is a move that will result in banks to lower deposit rates.
Simultaneously, investments in the five – year Senior Citizens Savings Scheme will perpetuate at 8.3 percent. On Senior Citizens’ scheme, the interest rate is paid quarterly.
A notification released by the finance ministry reads that it has reduced the interest rates of many small savings schemes.
Interest rates on all small savings schemes are updated on a quarterly basis since April last year.
According to the notification which was released by the finance ministry
Sukanya Samriddhi Account which is a girl child savings scheme will offer 8.1 percent where the present interest rate of the scheme is 8.3 percent annually.
At the time of notifying the rates for the fourth quarter of the financial year 2017 – 18, the ministry further says that
Furthermore, the ministry says that rates of small savings scheme would be linked to government bonds yields. And the move is likely to see banks lowering their deposit rates in line with the small savings rate offered by the government.
UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) who is the issuer of 12 – digit Unique Identification Number on behalf of the government, has modified the online tools where the Aadhaar card holders could update their basic details online. However, in the new changes made by the UIDAI, Aadhaar holders can only update their address online or by post. Only address can be updated online by post with effect from October 20, 2017, the UIDAI said on a micro blogging site, Twitter.
Hence, people now cannot change or update other details such as name, date of birth, mobile number and email address online, they will have to visit the ‘Aadhaar Kendra’ or Aadhaar Centre nearest to them in order to make a request.
How to update Address fed into Aadhaar Database
- Visit the official website of UIDAI and ‘Address Update Request (Online)’ tool. You can find the link here: https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update.
- Now enter your 12 – digit Aadhaar number and click on the ‘Send OTP’ option, which you will receive on your registered mobile number by the Aadhaar system.
- Now on the next page, you are required to select ‘Address’ and proceed by clicking ‘Submit’ button.
- Now on the next page, the UIDAI website enables the user to check the entries.
- Check the entries properly and proceed by providing the valid documents which supports the changes. And you are required to upload digital files created by scanning the original documents. As stated by UIDAI,Upload original scan copies, else your update request will be rejected… Upload only the valid documents to avoid update request from rejection
- Now select from the available service providers and proceed. At this stage, the UIDAI portal also displays the estimated time required to process your request.
- And finally at the time of submission, a URN (Update Request Number) will be issued. And this URN will be used to track the status of your request.
Documents Required for Aadhaar Address change
You will have to provide following documents to change the address in your Aadhaar Card
- Scanned image of original proof of address (PoA)
- Bank statement / passbook
- Statement of Post Office account / passbook
- Ration card, Voter ID, driving license, water bill and telephone landline bill are some of the other documents
Also please note that the bills for water, telephone and electricity must not be older than three months.
The India’s largest Private Bank ICICI Bank launches a digital service that allows the customers to open PPF Account through Internet Banking or Mobile Banking. Adopting this new digital facility will ease up the process and will reduce the confusion of the submission of the paper documents.
|Some Relevant Links|
|ICICI Bank Credit Card Customer Care Number||Click Here|
|Link Aadhaar With ICICI Bank Account||Click Here|
|ICICI Bank IFSC Code||Click Here|
The customers now no longer have to visit the bank branch and wait in the queue and submit the physical documents to open a PPF Account. They can now do it anytime, anywhere using the bank’s digital channels of Internet and Mobile Banking.
The bank said that it is a first lender in the Country to introduce a complete digital and paperless procedure for opening a PF Account. This facility is completely available online (24*7) and on all days. The customers have to log in to their Internet Banking or Mobile Banking for applying for a PPF Account.
Now you can get a Tatkal Passport by just providing your Aadhaar Number. To make the procedure go faster, the passport department is putting an end to the verification certificate in order to acquire a passport under the Tatkal scheme.
Previously, the applicants were required to obtain a certificate from the gazetted officer stated that the passport be issued under the tatkaal category.
The notice by the Regional Passport Office reads
On the matter, a passport official said that this move of doing away with the annexure F (Specimen declaration of applicants for obtaining a passport in lieu of lost / damaged passport) to restraint corruption.
Generally people apply for Tatkal Passport in emergency and approach travel agents and them with the help of the government officials and ask for sky – high amounts for issuing such verification certificates.
Under this scheme, apart from Aadhaar number / enrolment number and Annexure – E, you are required to provide any two documents from the below mentioned list:
- EPIC (Elector’s Photo Identity Card)
- Service photo identity card issued by State / Central Government
- Public Sector Undertakings
- Local bodies or public limited companies
- Sc / ST / other backward class certificate
- Arms license
- Pension document such as ex – servicemen’s pension book / pension payment order / ex – servicemen’s widow / dependent certificate
- Old age pension order;
- Self – passport (unrevoked and undamaged)
- PAN (Permanent Account Number) Card
- Bank / Kisan / Post Office Passbook
- Students photo identity card issued by an educational institution
- Driving license (valid and jurisdiction of state of submission of applicant)
- Birth certificate issued under the Registration of Births and Deaths Act
- Ration Card
Requirements for Minors
If the applicant is below the age of 18 years, they are required to submit the below mentioned documents:
- Aadhaar Card
- E – Aadhaar containing the 12 digit Aadhaar number
- 28 digit Aadhaar Enrolment ID printed on the Aadhaar enrolment slip
- Prescribed fee
Along with above mentioned documents, they are also required to submit any two of the below mentioned documents:
- Student photo identity card issued by an education institution
- Birth certificate issued under the Registration of Births and Deaths Act
- Ration card
Tatkaal Passport service is available on consideration grounds of genuine emergency like death, serious illness of a blood relative. However, this service is not for the case of scheduling travel plans, or in case of expired visa status or in case where the passport has not been renewed for more than six months after the date of expiry.
To know more about Tatkaal passport.
Employees’ Provident Fund Organization or EPFO which is a retirement fund body is mandatory to file online claims for provident fund withdrawals above Rs. 10 lakh, which is another step towards becoming a paperless organisation.
The EPF account holders are also required to file online claims for withdrawals of above Rs 5 lakh under the Employees Pension Scheme 1995 which has been mandated by the Employees’ Provident Fund Organizations (EPFO).
EPFO offers both the option of filing online as well as manual claims for provident fund withdrawal as also for pension to the EPF subscribers.
This decision of filing online claims for withdrawal of certain amount of money has been taken at a meeting chaired by Central Provident Fund Commissioner on January 17, 2018, said by an official
The official also said that
They also added that
Also note that the EPF account is required to be linked and verified in the system before the online claims can be settled. Also, the subscriber is required to have an activated universal account number.
And as per the rules, the claims exceeding the said limit would not be accepted in the physical form now onwards.
At present, the EPFO has over 6 crore subscribers and a corpus of Rs 10 lakh crore.
EPFO offers new facility for the citizens to generate UAN (Universal Account Number) easily. UAN is a 12 digit unique number which is allotted to every member of EPF (Employees’ Provident Fund), which helps the employee to keep a check of his EPF account.
To know more about it you can also read here – EPFO