Download Aadhaar Card by Aadhaar Number: 10 years ago, UIDAI launched a Unique Identification System to validate the citizenship of an Indian citizen. Aadhaar Card came into being in early 2009. It is a 12-digit unique identity number card that is digitally signed by the UIDAI. Unique Identification Authority of India was entrusted with the responsibility by the Government of India. Working under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Electronics and Information technology, UIDAI followed the provision of Aadhaar Act 2016. Not only physically, but e-Aadhaar is also legit for the same purpose. You can Download Aadhaar Card by Aadhaar Number from the online portal and use it for the very same purpose.
As the name suggests, Aadhaar gave authenticity to the people of India being the citizen of the country. It is described as the most sophisticated ID program in the world. Aadhaar is the world’s largest biometric ID system.
What is an e-Aadhaar Card?
E- Aadhaar is a Password protected electronic copy of the Aadhaar card. This is a 12-digit unique identity number which is digitally signed by the competent authority of Unique Identification Authority Of India (UIDAI). The Official website of UIDAI is www.uidai.gov.in. The E-Adhar is equally valid like the Physical copy of Aadhaar card. The individuals can easily download the E-Aadhaar by visiting the Official Website.
Steps to Download Aadhaar Card by Aadhaar Number (UID)
Aadhaar Card was processed and distributed among everyone earlier. In case, you want to download the same in an electronic format, you can do so through Aadhaar Number. The step by step procedure to download Aadhaar Card by Aadhaar Number is as follows-
- Visit the UIDAI Official Website- www.uidai.gov.in
- Select the Aadhaar option instead of Enrollment ID
- Enter your Aadhaar Number, Full Name, Pincode, and Security Code in the required boxes.
- Click on “Request OTP” option.
- An OTP will be received on the registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and click on “Download Aadhaar” option.
- Your Aadhaar will be downloaded on your computer.
Update your Aadhar Online
You must have applied, downloaded, and used your Aadhar Card before. In case of any discrepancy or change in information, you can update your Aadhar Card Online. Along with the online process, there is certain detail that cannot be updated online and you are required to visit your nearest Aadhar Office for the update. It is mandatory to keep it updated and linked with all your required legal documents. Like Aadhar is linked to your Bank Account, Phone Number, PAN Card, etc. To update biometrics and photographs, the applicant is required to visit the Aadhar Office. Know the stepwise process of Aadhar Update online.
The E-Aadhaar is the digital form of the Aadhaar card. The Aadhaar card is a 12-digit unique number that is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). The E-Aadhaar card has the same validity as the Aadhaar card that a person gets via post. The validity of the E-Aadhaar card is provided in section 4(3) of the Aadhaar act of 2016 and is accepted by all government authorities as a valid and secure electronic document. The E Aadhaar card can be downloaded using either the Aadhaar number or the Enrollment number.In this article we provide complete process to Download Aadhaar Card by Aadhaar Number via eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in 2019.
|Various Facilities Provide By The UIDAI Official Website
|Aadhaar Card Information
|Check Aadhaar Card Status By Name
|Update Aadhaar Card On SSUP
|Aadhaar Card Correction Online
|Change Aadhaar Card Address Without Mobile Number
|Download Aadhaar Card By Enrolment ID
|Check UIDAI Official Website Services
|Download Aadhaar Card By Name & Date Of Birth
|Link Aadhaar Card With PAN Card
|Link Aadhaar Card With Bank Account
|Link Aadhaar Card To Mobile Number via OTP
How to Download Aadhaar Card By Aadhaar Number via eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in
- Visit the official E-Aadhaar website: eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in
- Select “Aadhaar” and enter the Aadhaar number.
- Enter the details like name, PIN code, mobile number, and the image captcha.
- Click on “Get One Time Password”. The password will be sent to the member’s registered mobile number.
- Click on “validate and download”, after entering the OTP in the Box.
- E-Aadhaar Card will begin to download.
- In order to open the file and print a copy of the Aadhaar card, a person is required to enter the combination of Name and DOB, first four letters of Name and the year of DOB as the password.
- In case the member does not have both the Aadhaar number or the enrollment number then he or she can retrieve the EID number by going to the “Aadhaar Online Services” option on the website and then clicking on retrieve “UID/EID”. After providing the OTP which will be sent to the member’s registered mobile number the enrollment details will be displayed on the screen.
Validating the E-Aadhaar Card via eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in
Once the Aadhaar card is downloaded it must be validated by digitally verifying the signature in UIDAI website. The signature can be verified with the following steps:
- After opening the downloaded PDF of the eAadhaar card you will see that the signature in UIDAI is yellow in colour. The yellow colour signifies that the signature is not validated.
- click on the yellow signature.
- A dialog box will appear. Click on “signature properties” on the dialog box
- After this click on “show signer’s certificate”
- A “certificate viewer” dialog box will appear. Select the “trust” tab and then click on “add to trusted certificates”
- A dialog will appear warning about trusting certificates. Click on “ok” and you will be redirected to import contact settings.
- After this, click on “use this certificate as trusted root” and “certified documents” and then click on “ok”
- After this, you will be redirected to the “certificate viewer” page. Click on “ok” and you will return back to the signature properties dialog box.
- Now, click on “validate signature”. Once the signature gets validated, a green tick mark will appear by the side of the signature.
Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identification number issued by The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), which functions under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY),
The Aadhaar project was initiated as an attempt towards having an individual, unique identification document or number that would obtain all the details, including demographic (date of birth, gender, address) and biometric (fingerprints and retina scans) information, of every Indian citizen.
Aadhaar is not meant to replace other identification documents like PAN, passport, driving license etc. However, it can be used as a single identification document. Many financial and telecom companies also use it as a Know-Your-Customer (KYC) verification mode and to maintain profiles.
The Aadhaar card is a government project to help people to avail the benefits of government subsidies and government schemes.
Benefits Of The Aadhaar Card
- It is the new way to define yourself. Earlier different cards were used for different purposes. For example PAN card, Voters Id card, Ration card etc. Now a days the Aadhaar card can be used for various processes. It not only acts as a proof of identity but also as an address proof and age proof. It contains all the basic details of a person.
- The government has made Aadhaar mandatory for almost all day to day services like SIM network connections, to avail government subsidies and schemes. This is done to ensure that such programs are not misused and those who needs it gets it.
- Aadhaar card is also important while availing various financial services. For example Aadhaar is compulsory for filing Income Tax Return, for opening a bank account. Further, all existing account holder are required to link their existing bank accounts with their Aadhaar card. The government has set 31 March as the last date to complete the process. Beyond this date if any bank account is found to be Aadhaar less then it will be viewed as invalid read more here.
How To Verify Aadhaar Number
Aadhaar card can be verified with the help of UIDAI online portal. Following steps must be taken to a verify he Aadhaar card online. This process will not only help you to check your Aadhaar card but also detect fraud.
- Visit the official website of UIDAI.
- Now click on “Aadhaar services” and enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number along with the security code and click on “Verify“.
- After this a page will appear on the screen, which will display the following information:
- Age of the card holder.
- Gender of the card holder.
- State of residence or state of enrollment.
- Registered mobile number.
- The address and the name of the card holder is not displayed due to security reasons.
- If the Aadhaar number is not valid then the screen will show an error message.
Government’s flagship program Aadhaar is surrounded by many privacy issues. Recently, UIDAI (Unique Identification Development Authority of India) introduced a new concept of ‘Virtual ID’ which Aadhaar card holders can generate from its website and give for various purposes which include SIM verification, instead of sharing the actual 12 – digit biometric ID.
By opting this method, users can refrain themselves from sharing their Aadhaar number at the time of authentication.
Now, for any kind of verification process 12 digit Aadhaar number is needed. However, once ‘Virtual ID’ comes into the play, which would be a random 16 – digit number together with biometrics of the users would give any authorized agency like a mobile company, limited details like name, address and photograph, which are enough for any verification.
UIDAI official confirmed that a user can generate as many virtual Ids he wishes as upon generating a new ID, the older one automatically gets cancelled.
Another measure that has been introduced by UIDAI along with ‘Virtual ID’ is ‘limited KYC’ (Know Your Customer) under which it will only provide need-based or limited details of a user to an authorised agency that is providing a particular service, for example, a telecom.
It is also important to note that a virtual ID is not ‘permanent’ like Aadhaar number; it will be a temporary 16 – digit number which will be mapped to a person’s Aadhaar number which can be cancelled or revoked any time. The Aadhaar issuing body will start accepting it from March 1, 2018.
From June onwards it will be compulsory for all agencies that undertake authentication to accept the Virtual ID from their users.
Agencies those who will not adapt to this new system by the given deadline will have to face financial obstruction.
UIDAI has taken this move in order to strengthen the privacy and security of Aadhaar data that comes amid heightened concerns around the collection and storage of personal and demographic data of individuals.
Recently back, Supreme Court has passed a historic judgement that Right to Privacy is a fundamental right guaranteed under Article 21 of the Indian Constitution.
To read more about the verdict you can also read https://rupeenomics.com/verdict-aadhaar-right-privacy-case/
The users will have to visit the official website of UIDAI in order to generate their Virtual ID which will be valid for a defined of time, or till the user decides to change it.
According to the UIDAI, agencies that undertake authentication would not be allowed to generate the Virtual ID behalf of Aadhaar holder.
As many as 119 crores biometric identifiers have been issued so far and Aadhaar is required as an identity proof of residents by various government and non-government entities.
For instance, the government has made it mandatory for verifying bank account and PAN to weed out black money and bring unaccounted wealth to book. The same for SIM has been mandated to establish the identity of mobile phone users.