UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) who is the issuer of 12 – digit Unique Identification Number on behalf of the government, has modified the online tools where the Aadhaar card holders could update their basic details online. However, in the new changes made by the UIDAI, Aadhaar holders can only update their address online or by post. Only address can be updated online by post with effect from October 20, 2017, the UIDAI said on a micro blogging site, Twitter.
Hence, people now cannot change or update other details such as name, date of birth, mobile number and email address online, they will have to visit the ‘Aadhaar Kendra’ or Aadhaar Centre nearest to them in order to make a request.
How to update Address fed into Aadhaar Database
- Visit the official website of UIDAI and ‘Address Update Request (Online)’ tool. You can find the link here: https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update.
- Now enter your 12 – digit Aadhaar number and click on the ‘Send OTP’ option, which you will receive on your registered mobile number by the Aadhaar system.
- Now on the next page, you are required to select ‘Address’ and proceed by clicking ‘Submit’ button.
- Now on the next page, the UIDAI website enables the user to check the entries.
- Check the entries properly and proceed by providing the valid documents which supports the changes. And you are required to upload digital files created by scanning the original documents. As stated by UIDAI,Upload original scan copies, else your update request will be rejected… Upload only the valid documents to avoid update request from rejection
- Now select from the available service providers and proceed. At this stage, the UIDAI portal also displays the estimated time required to process your request.
- And finally at the time of submission, a URN (Update Request Number) will be issued. And this URN will be used to track the status of your request.
Documents Required for Aadhaar Address change
You will have to provide following documents to change the address in your Aadhaar Card
- Scanned image of original proof of address (PoA)
- Bank statement / passbook
- Statement of Post Office account / passbook
- Ration card, Voter ID, driving license, water bill and telephone landline bill are some of the other documents
Also please note that the bills for water, telephone and electricity must not be older than three months.
Nowadays, Aadhaar is becoming more and more powerful and has been successful in every path taken towards the development of the economy of the country. Initially starting from the Aadhaar Card to currently Aadhaar on phones seems just magical. The 9 years of the journey has Aadhaar has got so many changes nationally and globally. Be it filing an ITR or submitting your app.
And now you can verify your registered mobile number and email ID using different tools provided by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
For Email: you can visit the UIDAI website homepage, a link is provided which redirects the user to the next page. When you are redirected to the other page, you need to fill in the following details such as the 12-digit Aadhaar number, the email id which you want to verify along with the security password given to verify. After mentioning the following details a One Time Password is generated. You need to give the One Time Password and your mobile number and email id are registered. You need to make sure that the OTP is sent to the email address which you have given during the Aadhaar registration process.
For Mobile Number: In the case of the verification of mobile number, you need to give the Aadhaar number, email id and the mobile number along with the Security Password. Click on the “Get One Time Password” you will receive an OTP in an SMS form. This OTP is sent to the given mobile number. Enter the OTP. Click and verify and you are done with the verification.
To know more about services offered by UIDAI Official Website like Biometric Locking/ Unlocking, Find Enrollment Centers, please click here.
uidai.gov.in is the UIDAI Official Website. In order to ensure transparency, efficiency and good governance the government of India has introduced the Aadhaar act 2016. This act was also introduced to ensure targeted delivery of subsidies to the poor and weaker section of the society. The Aadhaar Act also made UIDAI as the implementation agency for allotting Unique Aadhaar Numbers to Residents of India. Keeping these goals in mind the government has made Aadhaar card mandatory in order to avail a number of government sponsored subsidies. Besides this Aadhaar is also used as a KYC document by a number of service providing companies like telecom companies, banks ,passport etc.
The Aadhaar Card not only acts as a address proof or but also identity proof. The data is collected by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Based on the biometric and demographic data provided by the individual, the Aadhaar number is issued which is a 12 digit unique number provided to every individual.
|Various Facilities Provide By The UIDAI Official Website|
|Aadhaar Card Information||Click Here|
|Check Aadhaar Card Status By Name||Click Here|
|Update Aadhaar Card On SSUP||Click Here|
|Aadhaar Card Correction Online||Click Here|
|Change Aadhaar Card Address Without Mobile Number||Click Here|
|Download Aadhaar Card By Enrolment ID||Click Here|
|Download Aadhaar Card By Aadhaar Number||Click Here|
|Download Aadhaar Card By Name & Date Of Birth||Click Here|
|Link Aadhaar Card With PAN Card||Click Here|
|Link Aadhaar Card With Bank Account||Click Here|
|Link Aadhaar Card To Mobile Number via OTP||Click Here|
UIDAI Official Website Services
Show Enrolment Center Location – UIDAI
Rather than searching the the entire city or traveling miles for a Aadhaar center a person can simply visit the UIDAI Official Website to know the nearest enrolment center. Ways of searching the enrolment center.
- First by state, if a person is traveling or not sure which enrollment center will be nearest to him or her or if in general a person wants to know the enrollment center in his state.
- Second area wise, if a person knows his or her PIN code of an area then area wise enrollment center can be searched. However if a person does not know the area then he or she can.
Show Aadhaar Authentication History
Unique Identification Authority of India or commonly known as UIDAI who administers Aadhaar has introduced the provision of checking where and when your Aadhaar card was used. Follow the below mentioned steps for the same:
- Visit Aadhaar authentication history page i.e. resident.uidai.gov.in/home
- Enter your Aadhaar number and the security code in the picture on your screen
- Select ‘Generate OTP’ (One Time Password)
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile phone number. Don’t forget to verify your number on the UIDAI Official Website
- Now you will get an option to choose the period of information and the number of transactions. Enter the OTP you have received on your phone and click on submit option
- Now, you will see a date, time and type of all Aadhaar authentication requests made in the period you had chosen. However, the page won’t show who made the requests.
You see the full details here.
Aadhaar Number on Mobile Phone
In case of emergency or in a situation when a person does not remember the Aadhaar number or probably has lost his or her Aadhaar number than the online portal can be used to know your Aadhaar number. You can also choose to get the number via SMS. In such a case, the number will be sent to the number provided in Aadhaar card. To get the Aadhaar number via SMS a person should know the EID, date of enrolment as well as the mobile number registered in the Aadhaar portal
Check Status of Aadhaar Application on UIDAI Official Website
There has been a number of situations when an Aadhaar Card is not delivered to a person after enrolment. In such a case, the Online portal can also be used to know the Aadhaar status. To check the Aadhaar status a person should know the enrolment id, date of enrolment and the security code. The enrolment id and the date of enrolment can be found at the top of the acknowledgment form which is provided to a person at the time of enrolment.
Check Status of Aadhaar Update Request via UIDAI Official Website
Whether you have requested for an update in your Aadhaar Online (via UIDAI Official Website) or Offline (via an enrolment centre or Bank Branch), you can check the status of your update request. To check the status of
- Offline Update Request visit the link https://resident.uidai.gov.in/check-aadhaar-status
- Online Update Request visit the https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/check-status
Locking and Unlocking Biometrics via UIDAI Website
Every citizen of India while enrolling for an Aadhaar card is required to provide his or her biometrics which includes fingerprint scan and iris scan. To ensure that the biometric data is safe a person has the option of locking them in online portal. Further, they can unlock it anytime they want. However, it must be noted that the locked biometrics cannot be used by the user for any kind of authentication thus avoiding any kind misuse.
Duplicate Aadhaar/ Downloading E-Aadhaar
In case a person lost his or her Aadhaar card then they do not have to enroll for the Aadhaar card E-Aadhaar is similar to the Aadhaar card a person gets via post. To download the card online one should know the enrolment id or Aadhaar number, PIN code. Further, a person will also have to fill in his name and security verification. In case a person does not remember the Aadhaar number then the enrolment number as well the registered mobile number will have to be provided.
When Aadhaar Needs to be Updated
The details in the Aadhaar card can also be updated in the UIDAI Official Website. A person a can also update the details by visiting the Aadhaar enrollment but this not only time-consuming but a person is also required to pay Rs 25 to make the updates.
UIDAI has made changes to the online tools. As earlier, the subscribers could change or update details such as name, date of birth, mobile number and email address online itself. However, now only address can be updated online and rest of the details can be changed or updated by visiting the Aadhaar Kendra or Aadhaar centre, which is in effect from October 20, 2017.
Checking Aadhaar and Bank Account Linking Status
As the Government has made it mandatory to submit Aadhaar while opening new bank account and also that the existing bank account should be linked Aadhaar Card of the account holder before December 31,2017. The Government has also warned that the Aadhaar-less Bank Accounts will become invalid. To check the linking status of your Aadhaar and Bank account follow these simple steps:
- Visit the UIDAI official website: www.uidai.gov.in
- Go to “Aadhaar Online Services” Section, look for “Check Aadhaar and bank account status” link
- On clicking the link, you will be redirected to UIDAI Bank Mapper’s Portal.
- Enter the “Aadhaar Number” and “Security Code” displayed on the page.
- Click on “Send OTP”, an OTP will be received on the registered mobile number.
- Enter the received OTP in the “Enter OTP” box and Submit
- Your linking status will be displayed to you.
If you haven’t linked your Aadhaar with your Bank Account. Check out this article on how to link your Aadhaar with Bank account.
The UIDAI Official Website along with its features can be used anywhere and anytime in this country, making the lives of the people much easier.
|Check Aadhaar Card Status||Click here|
|Download Aadhaar Card (Mobile)||Click here|
|Download Aadhaar Enrolment ID||Click here|
|Download Aadhaar Card by Name||Click here|
|Download Aadhaar Card Form||Hindi English|
|Aadhaar Card Data Update Form||Click here|
|Update Aadhaar Card Online||Click here|
|Official Website of UIDAI||Click here|
|Check Aadhaar and Bank Account Link Status||Click here|
|Check Aadhaar Authentication History||Click here|