Check Aadhaar Card Status By Name: The Government has tightly woven Aadhaar with the economy by first linking it with subsidies and then gradually making it mandatory for performing almost everything from bank transactions to filing your taxes. The reach of Aadhaar has gone far beyond its initial purpose of establishing the identity of its holder. Hence, it is important to own this 12 – digit unique identification number.
Aadhaar Card is a 12 digit unique identification number which is issued to every citizen of the country by the Unique Authority of India with the aim to identify them and provide them the benefit of the schemes. This flagship program by the government helps them identifying the fake PAN (Permanent Account Number), passport, driving license, and ration cards.
In case you have applied for your Aadhaar card and waiting to receive it physically, you can check track the document by Name and Enrolment Number.
In this article we have mentioned all the possible ways through which you can check Aadhaar status by name and enrolment ID.
|Various Facilities Provide By The UIDAI Official Website|
|Aadhaar Card Information||Click Here|
|Check UIDAI Official Website Services||Click Here|
|Update Aadhaar Card On SSUP||Click Here|
|Aadhaar Card Correction Online||Click Here|
|Change Aadhaar Card Address Without Mobile Number||Click Here|
|Download Aadhaar Card By Enrolment ID||Click Here|
|Download Aadhaar Card By Aadhaar Number||Click Here|
|Download Aadhaar Card By Name & Date Of Birth||Click Here|
|Link Aadhaar Card With PAN Card||Click Here|
|Link Aadhaar Card With Bank Account||Click Here|
|Link Aadhaar Card To Mobile Number via OTP||Click Here|
How to Check Aadhaar Card Status By Name
In case you have lost your Enrolment ID or Aadhaar number, you can still check Aadhaar card status by name using the following method:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI (Unique Identification of India) i.e. resident.uidai.gov.in/find-uid-eid
- Select ‘Aadhaar Number (UID)’ or ‘Enrolment Number (EID)’ under the section ‘You want to receive your lost’
- Provide full name
- Provide email address
- Provide registered mobile number
- Enter the security code that is displayed on your screen i.e. ‘Get OTP’ button
- You will receive OTP (One Time Password) on your registered mobile phone number or Email address
- Click on ‘Verify OTP’
- After providing all the above mentioned information, you will receive a message on your registered mobile number containing your Aadhaar card number or Enrolment ID
- Visit https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/#/
- Under ‘I have’ select ‘Enrolment ID’
- Provide Aadhaar card number or enrolment ID, full name, PIN code, security text, and mobile number
- Click on ‘Get OTP’ (you will receive OTP on your registered mobile / email ID)
- Enter the OTP in the given box and click on ‘Validate and Download’
- Now you have downloaded your e – Aadhaar card. Enter your PIN code as the password when you open the PDF document
- You now have your e – Aadhaar card and take a print out of it
How to Check Aadhaar Card Status by Name and Enrolment ID
Once applied, it takes typically 3 – 5 weeks to receive your Aadhaar card. UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) offers ways through which you can track the status of your card.
Follow the below mentioned procedures for the Check Aadhaar Card Status by name:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI i.e. uidai.gov.in
- Look for ‘Check Aadhaar Status’ under ‘Aadhaar Online Services’ and click on it and a new tab will open
- Enter your Enrolment ID
- Enter Security Number as given in the box
- Click on the ‘Check Button’ and you can see the status of your Aadhaar card and if the card is ready and the number has been assigned then its e – form can be downloaded from the same site
How to Check Aadhaar card Status Through Aadhaar App
If you wish you can also check Aadhaar card status by name on your Aadhaar App by following the below mentioned procedure:
- Download the ‘Aadhaar Status App’ on your android app
- Click on ‘Get Your Status Button’
- Provide your 14 digit Enrolment ID and date and time of the enrolment number
- Once you have provided all the required details you will receive your current Aadhaar card status
Note – Aadhaar Status App is available only on Google Play Store and it does not have the ios version as of now.
Nowadays, Aadhaar is becoming more and more powerful and has been successful in every path taken towards the development of the economy of the country. Initially starting from the Aadhaar Card to currently Aadhaar on phones seems just magical. The 9 years of the journey has Aadhaar has got so many changes nationally and globally. Be it filing an ITR or submitting your app.
And now you can verify your registered mobile number and email ID using different tools provided by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
For Email: you can visit the UIDAI website homepage, a link is provided which redirects the user to the next page. When you are redirected to the other page, you need to fill in the following details such as the 12-digit Aadhaar number, the email id which you want to verify along with the security password given to verify. After mentioning the following details a One Time Password is generated. You need to give the One Time Password and your mobile number and email id are registered. You need to make sure that the OTP is sent to the email address which you have given during the Aadhaar registration process.
For Mobile Number: In the case of the verification of mobile number, you need to give the Aadhaar number, email id and the mobile number along with the Security Password. Click on the “Get One Time Password” you will receive an OTP in an SMS form. This OTP is sent to the given mobile number. Enter the OTP. Click and verify and you are done with the verification.
To know more about services offered by UIDAI Official Website like Biometric Locking/ Unlocking, Find Enrollment Centers, please click here.
India’s largest Life Insurer Company (LIC) has come up with a facility to link the Aadhaar and PAN Card with their Policies online. As per the Government Directive, the last date to link Aadhaar with the LIC is 31st December 2017. The IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India) had earlier said that it is mandatory to link your Aadhaar number with the Insurance Policies under the Prevention of Money Laundering (Maintenance of Records) Second Amendment Rules, 2017.
The Life Insurance India (LIC) has listed the steps or the procedure to link the Aadhaar and PAN online on its Official Website.
Procedure to Link Aadhaar and PAN Card with the Policies Online
- Make sure that you have your Aadhaar and PAN Card along with you with the other policies.
- Log in to the LIC’s Website: www.licindia.in
- On the LIC’s Homepage, you can see a section / link where it is displayed to link your Aadhaar and the PAN Card along with the Policies.
- Click on the click and the LIC will provide you a to-do checklist.
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Enter the mobile number that is registered with UIDAI.
- An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- If in case your Mobile Number is not updated with Aadhaar, then kindly contact the nearest LIC Branch Office for Aadhaar Linking.
- After you are done with the Checklist reading, click on the proceed button located at the bottom of the page.
- After the submission of all the details in the form, a message is received showing that you have successfully completed the registration for linkage.
After the verification of UIDAI, which issues the Aadhaar Card, a SMS or a confirmation e-mail is sent. The verification process will take few days to complete says the Insurer.
UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) who is the issuer of 12 – digit Unique Identification Number on behalf of the government, has modified the online tools where the Aadhaar card holders could update their basic details online. However, in the new changes made by the UIDAI, Aadhaar holders can only update their address online or by post. Only address can be updated online by post with effect from October 20, 2017, the UIDAI said on a micro blogging site, Twitter.
Hence, people now cannot change or update other details such as name, date of birth, mobile number and email address online, they will have to visit the ‘Aadhaar Kendra’ or Aadhaar Centre nearest to them in order to make a request.
How to update Address fed into Aadhaar Database
- Visit the official website of UIDAI and ‘Address Update Request (Online)’ tool. You can find the link here: https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update.
- Now enter your 12 – digit Aadhaar number and click on the ‘Send OTP’ option, which you will receive on your registered mobile number by the Aadhaar system.
- Now on the next page, you are required to select ‘Address’ and proceed by clicking ‘Submit’ button.
- Now on the next page, the UIDAI website enables the user to check the entries.
- Check the entries properly and proceed by providing the valid documents which supports the changes. And you are required to upload digital files created by scanning the original documents. As stated by UIDAI,Upload original scan copies, else your update request will be rejected… Upload only the valid documents to avoid update request from rejection
- Now select from the available service providers and proceed. At this stage, the UIDAI portal also displays the estimated time required to process your request.
- And finally at the time of submission, a URN (Update Request Number) will be issued. And this URN will be used to track the status of your request.
Documents Required for Aadhaar Address change
You will have to provide following documents to change the address in your Aadhaar Card
- Scanned image of original proof of address (PoA)
- Bank statement / passbook
- Statement of Post Office account / passbook
- Ration card, Voter ID, driving license, water bill and telephone landline bill are some of the other documents
Also please note that the bills for water, telephone and electricity must not be older than three months.