Home » Government Documents
Category Archives: Government Documents
The Ministry of Road and Transportation have developed and facilitated computerization of more than 1000 Regional Transport Offices (RTO) across the country. The Regional Transport Office issues the Registration Certificate and Driving License that are valid across the country.
The Driving License is one of the most important documents which is recognized by the Government of India. The Driving License not only serves as the Certification of Driving Ability but also serves as a valid Identity Proof.
If you want to apply for a Driving License online, then you need to visit the Official website of the Regional Transport Office (RTO). You can download the form from the website. Then submit the form along with the documents that are required during the process. Firstly, a learning license is issued if you pass the first test at the RTO successfully. Then after, a month later you have to apply for another test and clear that test too which means that if you clear both the tests successfully, Driving License will be issued.
In this article, we are going to provide you a detailed guide on how to apply for a new Driving License online.
Stages in the Application Submission while issuing for a Learner’s License
- Fill in the Applicant Details
- Upload the documents
- Upload the photo and Signature
- Learner’s License Test Booking
- Payment of the Fee
Step by Step Procedure for Applying For a Driving License Online
- Visit the official website for applying for a Driving License. The link for reaching this website is – sarathi.nic.in
- There you will find an option to choose for which license you want to apply for:
- Learner’s License
- New Driving License
- Then select one from the option and then click on continue.
- Then you will proceed to the Applicant Details.
- In the applicant details section, fill in the required details. If your place of birth is outside India then you have to mention the month and the year you have migrated to India.
- After filling all the details, now click on continue to proceed to the next step.
- In the next step, enter the details of your address.
- Then enter the class of the vehicles. The class of the vehicles denotes the specific feature or the quality of your motor vehicle.
- After you are done filling the application form, now accept the declaration form and submit along with the documents.
Complete Details of the Application Form
The Form that is available for applying the Driving License is called Form 9. It has a total of 5 sections. Let us discuss about all the sections one by one:
Section – 1
This is the first part of the application form. In this part you have to provide all the information about yourself. The following are the details that is entered in the form:
- Type of License (Learner’s or Driver’s)
- State (select it from the drop down menu)
- Name of the RTO/DTO (Select from the drop down menu)
- Applicant’s name- First Name, Middle Name and the Last Name
- Date of the Birth
- Place of Birth (Optional)
- Country by Birth
- E-mail Address (Optional)
- Name of either one – Father/ Husband/ Guardian
- Permanent Address Proof (Copy is to be enclosed along with the form)
- Present Address
- Citizenship Status (by birth/ status/ registration/ descent/ Non- Indian)
- Educational Qualification
- Identification Marks (Optional)
- Blood Group
Section – 2
The next section of the application form that denotes the type of vehicle that the applicant is seeking for a license to drive. The applicant can list up to 19 vehicle types for a license in one single form. You also have to mention the type of the License you are applying for. You should also mention the Registration Certificate.
Section – 3
In this section, the applicant has to enter all the enclosures that he/she is submitting along with the document. The enclosure documents that are submitted are the proof of address, identity, and age. The Learner’s License or the Driving License is issued to the applicant, along with the details such as the registering of the RTO and the Date of Issue.
Section – 4
This section consists of the declarations that say that the applicant has submitted all the necessary documents and enclosures like the medical certificate, license, documents of proof etc.
Section – 5
This section is associated to those who are applying for the Learner’s License and contains a document providing the parent/ guardian’s permission to apply for the Learner’s License.
This section is to be signed in the presence of the Licensing Authority by the parent/guardian.
After the completion of the form, you can click on the “Submit” button at the end of the form. After the submission, an auto-generated Web Application Number is generated on the screen. This number can be used for the future reference and can also be used to check the status of the application form.
Documents to be submitted for Driving License
The following list of the documents are submitted along with the application form (Form 9):
- Learner’s License
- Proof of Address- Passport/ Ration Card / Voter ID / Life Insurance Policy/ Utility Bills like the Telephone bill, gas bill etc. / State or Central issued pay slip. You can submit any one of them.
- Proof of Age: you can submit any one of the mentioned: PAN Card , School Matriculation Certificate / Voter ID / Passport and Birth Certificate.
- Driving School Certificate (for Transport Vehicle Driving License Applicant’s
- All the documents pertaining to the vehicle to be used for the driving test.
- Passport Size Photograph.
Why should one apply for a Driving License Online?
It is necessary to apply for a Driving License online because it makes the application process more convenient and takes less time to go through the entire process. You can download the application form or submit it along with the necessary documents. Once this process is completed, you need to appear the written exam along with the interview. To obtain a License, you need to clear these batches of test successfully.
To apply for a Driving License, the applicant has to first apply for a Learner’s License. The applicant has to satisfy the following conditions to apply for a Learner’s License.
- The applicant’s age must be over 16 years for two-wheeler vehicle and 18 years for four-wheeler vehicle.
- The learner’s license holder can apply for a driving license 30 days after the issue of their Learner’s License.
- Learner’s License holders have to apply for a driving license within 180 days (6 months) of their Learner’s License being issued.
Process for Applying Learner’s License Online
The applicants who wish apply for a Learner’s License can apply and submit the application form online. You can also book your driving test appointment.
- To apply online, the applicants can visit their state/Union Territory’s Regional Transport Authority Website and submit their application.
- They can also visit the Sarathi website which is managed by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
Documents that are submitted for Learner’s License
The documents are required for the submission of the Learner’s License are as follows:
- Physical Fitness Declaration (Form 1)
- Passport sized photographs
- Medical Certificate (Form 1-A)
- Proof of Address (Passport/ Voter ID/ Ration Card)
- Life Insurance Policy
- Voter ID card – Affidavit was sworn before a Public Notary or a Judicial Magistrate.
- Proof of Age (Passport/Voter ID/ Birth Certificate/ School Matriculation Certificate)
Learner’s License Test Slot Booking
Booking a test slot for a Learner’s License can be done online through the Sarathi website. The applicants who have submitted their application will receive notifications for slot book. All you have to do is go to the website and book the slots.
The applicants from the following cannot book slots for the Learner’s License through Sarathi Website:
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Andhra Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
The Driving Test Applicant is not available in the following states:
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Andhra Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Dadar and Nagar Haveli
- Daman and Diu
- Jammu and Kashmir
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- West Bengal
The applicants who belong to this State or Union Territory can visit the website of Regional Transport Authority in their State and book a slot.
Application Fees for Driving License and Learner’s License
|Type of License||Fee (in Rupees)||Revised Fee- January 2017|
|Learner’s License||Rs 30-75/- per License||Rs 150/-|
|Driving License||Rs 40/-||Rs 200/-|
|Driving License for Commercial Vehicle||
|International Driving License Fee||
|Driving License Renewal Fee||Rs 50/-||Rs 200/-|
|Learner’s License Renewal Fee||Rs 40/-||Rs 200/-|
How to get the Status and Application Info of the Driving License through SMS
To get the details of the status and get current updates of the application form, send an SMS to 8790499899.
To get the details of the Driving License
The SMS should be in the following format:
SARDL AP-26 19860001659
Please include a “-“ in between the State Code and the RTO Code for the Driving License Status.
To get the Status of the Web Application
To get the status of the web application send the SMS in the following format:
SARAPPL 1659 to 8790499899
To get the details of the Appointment through SMS
To get the details of the appointment status through SMS, you have to send the SMS in the following format:
SARATHI 165954 to 8790499899
The Voter ID card or Electoral Photo ID Card (EPIC) is an identification card issued by the Election Commission to all the citizens of India above the age of 18 years in order to vote and practice their democratic rights. It also serves as general identity, address and age proof for other purposes from buying SIM card to applying for a passport.
Voter ID card carry personal details such as face photo, date of birth and address of the card holder. It also contains the serial number, a hologram sticker and stamped signature of the issuing authority.
India’s population has reached over 1.2 Billion. This means there is more scope for error in issuing an Identity Card like EPIC. Hence, the Election Commission of India (ECI) has provided enough measures to rectify these errors if they occur during the EPIC issuance process. Now, voters who find that their name or any other information is wrong can get their name corrected in the list by following a simple process.
|Some Important Links|
|Voter ID Card Information|
|Apply For The Voter ID Card|
|Check Voter ID Card Application Status|
|Voter ID Card Verification|
|Link Voter ID Card With Aadhaar Card|
Correction in Voter ID
A correction is required if there is some misspelling of the name or error in any other information in the details of elector or voter on the electoral roll. To rectify the error, concerned person should fill Form 8 and then submit it either online or offline. Detailed information about Form 8 is given below.
This form is meant for people whose name is already on the electoral roll and they are seeking corrections to any particulars printed on the roll.
Documents required to fill up this form
- Recent passport size photograph (3.5 cm x 3.5 cm) and photo should be in JPG format and maximum size of the image should be 100 KB only.
- Age Proof document should be in jpg Format and maximum size of the image should be 100 KB only.
- Address proof document should be in jpg format and maximum size of the image should be 100 KB only.
Online Method to make Corrections in Voter Id Card
- Visit National Voters Service Portal www.nvsp.in
- Click on “Correction of entries in electoral roll”
- Click on “Form 8” on the page
- This will direct you to the actual page wherein you can request for voter card correction.
- Enter the following details in the form.
- Your State and Parliamentary Constitution / Assembly
- Name, Gender, Age, Part number of electoral roll and Serial number
- Provide details of the family including the name of father / mother / husband
- Enter your complete address
- Provide Voter ID Card details
- Once this information is provided, upload documents which support them like latest photograph, valid ID proof, and address proof
- Now, choose the details which need to be corrected/changed.
- Enter the place you are making a request from (city).
- Mention the date on which this request to correct the name in your voter ID is being made.
- Provide your contact information (mobile number, email ID).
- Verify the information provided by you and click the “Submit” tab.
Election Commission of India (ECI) will verify the changes made and incorporate it in case of accurate information.
If verified successfully you will receive a notification and you can collect the voter ID card from the nearest electoral office.
Offline Method to make Corrections in Voter Id Card
- Get a Form 8 from Electoral Registration Officer and Assistant Electoral Registration Officer of the constituency or download it from National Voters Service Portal.
- Fill “Form 8” properly and attach relevant documents
- Submit the form in person at the concerned Electoral Registration Officer / Assistant Electoral Registration Officer. One can send the form by post addressed to him.
Documents Required to make corrections in Voter ID Card
- Two passport size photo
- Proof of Address
- Bank / post Office Passbook
- Ration Card
- Driving Licence
- Income Tax Return
- Latest Rent Agreement
- Latest Utility Bill (Water, Gas, Telephone, Rent Agreement etc)
- Proof of Age
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Copy of Voter ID Card (Both Sides)
The CRS India which is otherwise called as the Civil Registration System in India. CRS official website is crsorgi.gov.in The Civil Registration (crsorgi.gov.in) is the system that records the database of the vital events such as the Births, Marriages and the Deaths of the citizens and the residents. The main objective of the Civil Registrar is to create a legal document that is used to establish and protect the rights of the individuals. It also creates a database to organize and manage the vital statistics. You can apply for the Birth & Death certificate online using CRS official website crsorgi gov in.
The Birth and the Death registrations services that are provided by the office of the Register General and the Census Commissioner, India.
The Vital events that are included are mainly Live, Birth, Foetal Death, Marriage, Divorce, Name, and Change of the name, Annulment of marriage, Judicial Separation of Marriage, Adoption, Legitimization, and Recognition. The documents that the Civil Registration Office provides are Birth Certificates, Death Certificates, and Marriage Certificates.
The Civil Registration in India dates back to the middle of the 19th Century. The Registration of the Deaths and Births Act was enacted in the year 1969 to promote uniformity and comparability in the Deaths and Births across the country. This article is about how to apply for a Death or a Birth Certificate Online through the official Civil Registration System. The Official Website of the Civil Registration System is crsorgi.gov.in
How to Apply for a Birth & Death Certificate Online via crsorgi.gov.in
For applying for the Birth and the Death Certificate you have to visit the following link – crsorgi.gov.in
- If you are a first time user then you need to signup, by providing your name, e-mail address and phone number.
- These are the following details that needs to be provided or entered:
- User E-mail ID
- Mobile Number
- Date of Birth/Death
- Place of Occurrence of Birth/Death
- Now select the State, District, Sub-Division / Taluka, Village/Town, Registration Unit.
- There are two options provided before taking the final step:
- Registration Button: After entering all the details correctly and to proceed further click on the Registration button. You can take the printout of the application receipt after the successful registration and submission.
- Cancel Button: If you have entered any wrong or incorrect details then you can click on the cancel button to end up the registration process.
Please note: Only Domiciliary (Home / House) Birth/Death can be reported through this portal within 21 days of the occurrence of the event and to the registration unit where portal is being used for Registration of Birth & Death.
Benefits of the Registration of Death and Birth Certificate
- When you are taking an admission I school or college or university, birth related document is compulsory for every student.
- Acts as an age proof in the employment and marriage.
- To establish Parentage.
- It is also used while applying for a Voter ID Card
- Acts as an age prof in the Insurance Purposes.
- For registration in National Pollution (N.P.R)
- Production of the death certificate for the purpose of the Inheritance of the property and claim due insurance companies and other companies.
- With the help of the death certificate you can even apply for the Pension, (Widow person especially).
- Over all, the Death or the Birth Certificates are very essential while applying any Official Document.
If you have any queries regarding the issuance of the certificate then the online portal has Helpline numbers that are available 24*7 for an easy service for the people. You can also check the status and print and download the application form from the Online Portal as it saves most of the time. There are also frequently asked questions so that the applicant can go through (crsorgi gov in) it and get the solutions in quick. The questions are also available in the PDF Form so that the user can download it and read it anytime.
As the name suggests, Voter’s identity card is required to participate in elections to cast your vote and elect your leader who will then run the country. Voter’s identity card is also known as EPIC (Electors Photo Identity Card). And it is authorized by the Government of India as an identification proof. In this article, we will discuss the various methods to check Voter ID Application Status.
Elections take place in every 5 years in India. And it is the responsibility of the citizens to exercise the right given to them and elect the ideal leader by casting their vote. And in India, every individual who has reached the age of 18 years or above are eligible to vote and take part in an election.
Unlike previous times where people were required to visit the electoral office physically in order to enquire about their Voter ID Card application process. However, today the process has become much easier and simple where you can complete the task anytime and anywhere according to your convenience.
You can check the status of your application in three ways which are as follows:
- Online using the official website of the ECI (Election Commission of India)
- Using your mobile via SMS
- Calling on the designated helpline number
|Some Important Links|
|Voter ID Card Information|
|Apply For The Voter ID Card|
|Update/Correction In Voter ID Card|
|Verify Voter ID Card|
|Link Voter ID Card With Aadhaar Card|
How to Check Voter ID Card Application Status
Every Indian citizen after reaching the age of 18 should apply for the voter’s id card. Once a person applies for the card he or she can check the status of the card with the following three methods:
Check Voter ID Application Status via Call
Besides this, a user can also call the call center of the Election Commission of India. The number is toll-free and the instructions are given in both Hindi as well as English and few regional languages as well and their number is 1950.
Checking Voter ID Application Status Online using Official Website
The Government of India, in order to ensure an easy access to the Election Commission by the people of India, initiated the online portal i.e National Voter’s Service Portal (http://www.nvsp.in) where besides other services, also facilitate people who have applied for their voter’s id to check the status of their application.
In order to avail this facility, the following steps must be taken:
- Visit the website of National Voter’s Service Portal i.e. http://www.nvsp.in You can also track status of your application form on respective State CEO Website. A list is given below for your convenience.
- Click on the hyperlink “Track Application Status“. (Refer to the image below)
- After this, a page will appear which will ask for your Reference Id. You will find the reference id on the acknowledgement you received after successfully submitting the Voter ID Application.
- Click on “Track Status”
- If your Reference ID is correct, the status of your Voter ID Application Status will be displayed on the screen.
Tracking Voter ID Application Status via Mobile or SMS
To make the service accessible to people with no or low speed internet connection, Election Commission also provides the option of tracking Voter ID Application Status via SMS. The following format should be used while using SMS to check the status of your Voter ID Application:
- Type EPIC then spaces followed by the Voter’s ID Application Number.
- The message should be sent to the Electoral office which will send the information about the Voter ID Card Application Status.
- The number to which this SMS has to be sent varies from one Electoral Office to another. A List is also provided here.
How to Check the Active Voter ID Application Status
Some of the other methods which can be used to know the status of the voter’s id card is:
Check the status by name: This is one of the easiest methods to check the status of the voter’s id card. For this method, the user must be registered to the official online portal of National Voters’ services. Once the registration process is done the following user can log in to his or her account and fill in the following details to get the status of the voters’ id:
- Age and Date of birth.
- Assembly Constituency
- Captcha code
Check status by number: In order to avail this service, one must visit the official website of National Voter’s Service Portal. Besides giving information about the voter’s application status, the portal also helps to provide other information like in searching the nearest polling station, address change and also in finding the Booth level officer, Electoral Roll officer, district Election Officials and officers in Chief Election Office. The following steps must be taken to avail this service:
- Visit the official website of NSVP: www.nvsp.in
- Go to “national service” and then click on “search your name in electoral roll”
- You will be redirected to a page where in order to search by EPIC number click on the second tab.
- Fill in all the details like name, father’s name, date of birth, state, district, gender, assembly constituency etc and click on “search”
- After this, a page will appear which will consist of various details like:
- information about the polling station
- download and print option of the voters’ id card
- address change application
- booth level officer
- Electoral roll officer
- District Election officer
- Officers in the Chief Election Office.
Status of Voters Id Correction Application
There may arise a number of circumstances when a person might want to make changes to voters’ id card like due to change in surname after marriage or divorce or when a person received the card with incorrect details. In all such cases after applying for changes in the card, the following steps can take to know the status of the correction:
- Visit the official website of National Voters’ Services Portal.
- Enter the reference number provided during the submission of Form 8.
- After this click on “track status” to view the status of the application.
It must be noted that after applying for the voters’ card, either the applicant will receive the card or the verification team will visit the applicant’s residence. However, if neither of these happens then the applicant must inform the zonal officer, ERO, Local Tahsildar or call the polling station in his or her area.
Importance of Voter ID Card
There can various instances when a voter’s id card can be used
- While applying for a passport the voter’s id card acts as a compulsory document to verify an individual’s identity.
- Similarly, while traveling within the country one must always carry the voters’ id card as it is their most important of proof of citizenship.
- Voters id is provided by the government of India does not discriminate anyone on the basis of caste, class, gender or tribe. However, it has only one pre-requisite that is in order to avail this card one must be 18 years or above. It is the only card that entitles the power to vote to an individual.
|Some Useful Important Links|
|Apply New Voter ID Registration||Click Here|
|Online Correction Voter ID Card||Click Here|
|Apply New Voter ID Registration NRI||Click Here|
|Know Your Name In Electoral Roll||Click Here|
|Application Status||Click Here|
|Online Complaints For Any Problem||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
PAN also called as Permanent Account Number consists of a 10 digit alpha-numeric number. It is used as an Identity Proof and is issued under Income Tax Act 1961. The PAN Card is issued by the Income Tax Department under the supervision of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT). PAN is one of the most important official document that every taxpayer have with them. PAN Card helps in carrying out high-valued transactions. PAN Card is also issued to the Foreign Nationals like investors as a subject to a valid Visa, unlike Aadhaar number and Driving License.
The PAN is important for major functional transactions like opening a bank account, ITR Filing, receiving Taxable Salary, Sale or Purchase of Assets etc.
Due to the heavy usage, there is quite a lot of chance to misplace or lose the card somewhere. A lost PAN Card can be very risky but the Government has contributed enough of the facilities to avail a Duplicate PAN Card.
|Some Important Links Related To The PAN Card|
|PAN Card Information||Click Here|
|Apply For The PAN Card||Click Here|
|Track PAN Card Application Status||Click Here|
|Form 49A||Click Here|
|PAN Card For NRI||Click Here|
|PAN Card Correction/Update||Click Here|
|Check PAN Card Number||Click Here|
|Apply For Duplicate PAN Card||Click Here|
|PAN Card Link With Aadhaar Card||Click Here|
Steps To Apply For A Lost PAN Card
If you have lost your PAN Card then follow these simple steps to get it reprinted.
- Visit the official website of TIN-NSDL: www.tin-nsdl.com and go to the section “Online Application of PAN”.
- Now choose the option “Reprint of PAN Card”. This option is meant for the lost and stolen PAN Card.
- When you click on the link, you will be redirected to another page, where you need to click on the link “Online Application For Changes/ Correction in PAN data link”.
- Now, when you click on the link, you will be redirected to the page where the guidelines and instructions are viewed. Click Next after reading the instructions.
- Now you can fill in the application form. Provide the details like the Permanent Account Number Details, Name, Communication Address, Telephone Number, email ID etc. Documents such as photograph and ID Proof must be submitted along with the form. The applicant must submit it before the submission of the form.
- You can either submit the form online otherwise can post it to NSDL, along with the required documents.
- The payments are on the basis of your communication address, if you are staying within the country then you need to pay an amount of Rs 107. If you are staying outside India then you need to pay an amount of Rs 989.
- Accepts Net Banking, Debit cards, Credit Cards mode of payments if done online. If done offline then a demand draft is done for the payment.
- When your payment is successful, an acknowledgment number is provided along with the form. This acknowledgment number can be used in future to track down the application status.
- Then after, a duplicate PAN with the same PAN details will be sent to the registered communication address.
The Government in the last budget introduced a new law which said that it is mandatory to link PAN Card with Aadhaar. The last date to link PAN with Aadhaar is 31st December 2017.