The Ministry of Road and Transportation have developed and facilitated computerization of more than 1000 Regional Transport Offices (RTO) across the country. The Regional Transport Office issues the Registration Certificate and Driving License that are valid across the country.
The Driving License is one of the most important documents which is recognized by the Government of India. The Driving License not only serves as the Certification of Driving Ability but also serves as a valid Identity Proof.
If you want to apply for a Driving License online, then you need to visit the Official website of the Regional Transport Office (RTO). You can download the form from the website. Then submit the form along with the documents that are required during the process. Firstly, a learning license is issued if you pass the first test at the RTO successfully. Then after, a month later you have to apply for another test and clear that test too which means that if you clear both the tests successfully, Driving License will be issued.
In this article, we are going to provide you a detailed guide on how to apply for a new Driving License online.
Stages in the Application Submission while issuing for a Learner’s License
- Fill in the Applicant Details
- Upload the documents
- Upload the photo and Signature
- Learner’s License Test Booking
- Payment of the Fee
Step by Step Procedure for Applying For a Driving License Online
- Visit the official website for applying for a Driving License. The link for reaching this website is – sarathi.nic.in
- There you will find an option to choose for which license you want to apply for:
- Learner’s License
- New Driving License
- Then select one from the option and then click on continue.
- Then you will proceed to the Applicant Details.
- In the applicant details section, fill in the required details. If your place of birth is outside India then you have to mention the month and the year you have migrated to India.
- After filling all the details, now click on continue to proceed to the next step.
- In the next step, enter the details of your address.
- Then enter the class of the vehicles. The class of the vehicles denotes the specific feature or the quality of your motor vehicle.
- After you are done filling the application form, now accept the declaration form and submit along with the documents.
Complete Details of the Application Form
The Form that is available for applying the Driving License is called Form 9. It has a total of 5 sections. Let us discuss about all the sections one by one:
Section – 1
This is the first part of the application form. In this part you have to provide all the information about yourself. The following are the details that is entered in the form:
- Type of License (Learner’s or Driver’s)
- State (select it from the drop down menu)
- Name of the RTO/DTO (Select from the drop down menu)
- Applicant’s name- First Name, Middle Name and the Last Name
- Date of the Birth
- Place of Birth (Optional)
- Country by Birth
- E-mail Address (Optional)
- Name of either one – Father/ Husband/ Guardian
- Permanent Address Proof (Copy is to be enclosed along with the form)
- Present Address
- Citizenship Status (by birth/ status/ registration/ descent/ Non- Indian)
- Educational Qualification
- Identification Marks (Optional)
- Blood Group
Section – 2
The next section of the application form that denotes the type of vehicle that the applicant is seeking for a license to drive. The applicant can list up to 19 vehicle types for a license in one single form. You also have to mention the type of the License you are applying for. You should also mention the Registration Certificate.
Section – 3
In this section, the applicant has to enter all the enclosures that he/she is submitting along with the document. The enclosure documents that are submitted are the proof of address, identity, and age. The Learner’s License or the Driving License is issued to the applicant, along with the details such as the registering of the RTO and the Date of Issue.
Section – 4
This section consists of the declarations that say that the applicant has submitted all the necessary documents and enclosures like the medical certificate, license, documents of proof etc.
Section – 5
This section is associated to those who are applying for the Learner’s License and contains a document providing the parent/ guardian’s permission to apply for the Learner’s License.
This section is to be signed in the presence of the Licensing Authority by the parent/guardian.
After the completion of the form, you can click on the “Submit” button at the end of the form. After the submission, an auto-generated Web Application Number is generated on the screen. This number can be used for the future reference and can also be used to check the status of the application form.
Documents to be submitted for Driving License
The following list of the documents are submitted along with the application form (Form 9):
- Learner’s License
- Proof of Address- Passport/ Ration Card / Voter ID / Life Insurance Policy/ Utility Bills like the Telephone bill, gas bill etc. / State or Central issued pay slip. You can submit any one of them.
- Proof of Age: you can submit any one of the mentioned: PAN Card , School Matriculation Certificate / Voter ID / Passport and Birth Certificate.
- Driving School Certificate (for Transport Vehicle Driving License Applicant’s
- All the documents pertaining to the vehicle to be used for the driving test.
- Passport Size Photograph.
Why should one apply for a Driving License Online?
It is necessary to apply for a Driving License online because it makes the application process more convenient and takes less time to go through the entire process. You can download the application form or submit it along with the necessary documents. Once this process is completed, you need to appear the written exam along with the interview. To obtain a License, you need to clear these batches of test successfully.
To apply for a Driving License, the applicant has to first apply for a Learner’s License. The applicant has to satisfy the following conditions to apply for a Learner’s License.
- The applicant’s age must be over 16 years for two-wheeler vehicle and 18 years for four-wheeler vehicle.
- The learner’s license holder can apply for a driving license 30 days after the issue of their Learner’s License.
- Learner’s License holders have to apply for a driving license within 180 days (6 months) of their Learner’s License being issued.
Process for Applying Learner’s License Online
The applicants who wish apply for a Learner’s License can apply and submit the application form online. You can also book your driving test appointment.
- To apply online, the applicants can visit their state/Union Territory’s Regional Transport Authority Website and submit their application.
- They can also visit the Sarathi website which is managed by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
Documents that are submitted for Learner’s License
The documents are required for the submission of the Learner’s License are as follows:
- Physical Fitness Declaration (Form 1)
- Passport sized photographs
- Medical Certificate (Form 1-A)
- Proof of Address (Passport/ Voter ID/ Ration Card)
- Life Insurance Policy
- Voter ID card – Affidavit was sworn before a Public Notary or a Judicial Magistrate.
- Proof of Age (Passport/Voter ID/ Birth Certificate/ School Matriculation Certificate)
Learner’s License Test Slot Booking
Booking a test slot for a Learner’s License can be done online through the Sarathi website. The applicants who have submitted their application will receive notifications for slot book. All you have to do is go to the website and book the slots.
The applicants from the following cannot book slots for the Learner’s License through Sarathi Website:
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Andhra Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
The Driving Test Applicant is not available in the following states:
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Andhra Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Dadar and Nagar Haveli
- Daman and Diu
- Jammu and Kashmir
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- West Bengal
The applicants who belong to this State or Union Territory can visit the website of Regional Transport Authority in their State and book a slot.
Application Fees for Driving License and Learner’s License
|Type of License||Fee (in Rupees)||Revised Fee- January 2017|
|Learner’s License||Rs 30-75/- per License||Rs 150/-|
|Driving License||Rs 40/-||Rs 200/-|
|Driving License for Commercial Vehicle||
|International Driving License Fee||
|Driving License Renewal Fee||Rs 50/-||Rs 200/-|
|Learner’s License Renewal Fee||Rs 40/-||Rs 200/-|
How to get the Status and Application Info of the Driving License through SMS
To get the details of the status and get current updates of the application form, send an SMS to 8790499899.
To get the details of the Driving License
The SMS should be in the following format:
SARDL AP-26 19860001659
Please include a “-“ in between the State Code and the RTO Code for the Driving License Status.
To get the Status of the Web Application
To get the status of the web application send the SMS in the following format:
SARAPPL 1659 to 8790499899
To get the details of the Appointment through SMS
To get the details of the appointment status through SMS, you have to send the SMS in the following format:
SARATHI 165954 to 8790499899
The CRS India which is otherwise called as the Civil Registration System in India. CRS official website is crsorgi.gov.in The Civil Registration (crsorgi.gov.in) is the system that records the database of the vital events such as the Births, Marriages and the Deaths of the citizens and the residents. The main objective of the Civil Registrar is to create a legal document that is used to establish and protect the rights of the individuals. It also creates a database to organize and manage the vital statistics. You can apply for the Birth & Death certificate online using CRS official website crsorgi gov in.
The Birth and the Death registrations services that are provided by the office of the Register General and the Census Commissioner, India.
The Vital events that are included are mainly Live, Birth, Foetal Death, Marriage, Divorce, Name, and Change of the name, Annulment of marriage, Judicial Separation of Marriage, Adoption, Legitimization, and Recognition. The documents that the Civil Registration Office provides are Birth Certificates, Death Certificates, and Marriage Certificates.
The Civil Registration in India dates back to the middle of the 19th Century. The Registration of the Deaths and Births Act was enacted in the year 1969 to promote uniformity and comparability in the Deaths and Births across the country. This article is about how to apply for a Death or a Birth Certificate Online through the official Civil Registration System. The Official Website of the Civil Registration System is crsorgi.gov.in
How to Apply for a Birth & Death Certificate Online via crsorgi.gov.in
For applying for the Birth and the Death Certificate you have to visit the following link – crsorgi.gov.in
- If you are a first time user then you need to signup, by providing your name, e-mail address and phone number.
- These are the following details that needs to be provided or entered:
- User E-mail ID
- Mobile Number
- Date of Birth/Death
- Place of Occurrence of Birth/Death
- Now select the State, District, Sub-Division / Taluka, Village/Town, Registration Unit.
- There are two options provided before taking the final step:
- Registration Button: After entering all the details correctly and to proceed further click on the Registration button. You can take the printout of the application receipt after the successful registration and submission.
- Cancel Button: If you have entered any wrong or incorrect details then you can click on the cancel button to end up the registration process.
Please note: Only Domiciliary (Home / House) Birth/Death can be reported through this portal within 21 days of the occurrence of the event and to the registration unit where portal is being used for Registration of Birth & Death.
Benefits of the Registration of Death and Birth Certificate
- When you are taking an admission I school or college or university, birth related document is compulsory for every student.
- Acts as an age proof in the employment and marriage.
- To establish Parentage.
- It is also used while applying for a Voter ID Card
- Acts as an age prof in the Insurance Purposes.
- For registration in National Pollution (N.P.R)
- Production of the death certificate for the purpose of the Inheritance of the property and claim due insurance companies and other companies.
- With the help of the death certificate you can even apply for the Pension, (Widow person especially).
- Over all, the Death or the Birth Certificates are very essential while applying any Official Document.
If you have any queries regarding the issuance of the certificate then the online portal has Helpline numbers that are available 24*7 for an easy service for the people. You can also check the status and print and download the application form from the Online Portal as it saves most of the time. There are also frequently asked questions so that the applicant can go through (crsorgi gov in) it and get the solutions in quick. The questions are also available in the PDF Form so that the user can download it and read it anytime.
PAN also called as Permanent Account Number consists of a 10 digit alpha-numeric number. It is used as an Identity Proof and is issued under Income Tax Act 1961. The PAN Card is issued by the Income Tax Department under the supervision of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT). PAN is one of the most important official document that every taxpayer have with them. PAN Card helps in carrying out high-valued transactions. PAN Card is also issued to the Foreign Nationals like investors as a subject to a valid Visa, unlike Aadhaar number and Driving License.
The PAN is important for major functional transactions like opening a bank account, ITR Filing, receiving Taxable Salary, Sale or Purchase of Assets etc.
Due to the heavy usage, there is quite a lot of chance to misplace or lose the card somewhere. A lost PAN Card can be very risky but the Government has contributed enough of the facilities to avail a Duplicate PAN Card.
|Some Important Links Related To The PAN Card|
|PAN Card Information||Click Here|
|Apply For The PAN Card||Click Here|
|Track PAN Card Application Status||Click Here|
|Form 49A||Click Here|
|PAN Card For NRI||Click Here|
|PAN Card Correction/Update||Click Here|
|Check PAN Card Number||Click Here|
|Apply For Duplicate PAN Card||Click Here|
|PAN Card Link With Aadhaar Card||Click Here|
Steps To Apply For A Lost PAN Card
If you have lost your PAN Card then follow these simple steps to get it reprinted.
- Visit the official website of TIN-NSDL: www.tin-nsdl.com and go to the section “Online Application of PAN”.
- Now choose the option “Reprint of PAN Card”. This option is meant for the lost and stolen PAN Card.
- When you click on the link, you will be redirected to another page, where you need to click on the link “Online Application For Changes/ Correction in PAN data link”.
- Now, when you click on the link, you will be redirected to the page where the guidelines and instructions are viewed. Click Next after reading the instructions.
- Now you can fill in the application form. Provide the details like the Permanent Account Number Details, Name, Communication Address, Telephone Number, email ID etc. Documents such as photograph and ID Proof must be submitted along with the form. The applicant must submit it before the submission of the form.
- You can either submit the form online otherwise can post it to NSDL, along with the required documents.
- The payments are on the basis of your communication address, if you are staying within the country then you need to pay an amount of Rs 107. If you are staying outside India then you need to pay an amount of Rs 989.
- Accepts Net Banking, Debit cards, Credit Cards mode of payments if done online. If done offline then a demand draft is done for the payment.
- When your payment is successful, an acknowledgment number is provided along with the form. This acknowledgment number can be used in future to track down the application status.
- Then after, a duplicate PAN with the same PAN details will be sent to the registered communication address.
The Government in the last budget introduced a new law which said that it is mandatory to link PAN Card with Aadhaar. The last date to link PAN with Aadhaar is 31st December 2017.
When Andhra Pradesh Government introduced the AP EPDS Ration Cards, many people started applying for it. While applying for a Ration Card, they have come across many errors and mistakes in the card like errors or spelling mistakes in name, address, date of birth, gender, AP Ration card surname, family member name missing in the Ration Card, Photo missing etc. which is someway, not accepted. This can create a problem near future. Therefore, the Government of Andhra Pradesh and the Food and Civil Supplies Department have introduced the option to get their Ration Card updated.
The process of AP EPDS Ration Card Correction is very straightforward. In this article we are going to discuss about the procedure of how to correct/update your AP EPDS Ration Card and what are the documents required for it.
|Important Links Related To Andhra Pradesh (AP) Documents|
|Apply For AP EPDS Ration Card||Click Here|
|AP EPDS Ration Card – Download & Check Status||Click Here|
|Voter ID Card In AP||Click Here|
|Check Andhra Bank IFSC COde||Click Here|
|Check Andhra Pradesh Pin Code||Click Here|
|Apply For Driving License In Andhra Pradesh||Click Here|
|Aadhaar Card Linking With Andhra Bank Account||Click Here|
How to Update AP Ration Card Online – epdsap.ap.gov.in
The following are the steps to apply for an AP EPDS Ration Card Correction:
- visit the official site of the AP EPDS Official website http://epdsap.ap.gov.in/epdsAP/epds
- Now download the Andhra Pradesh Ration Card Application Form.
- Now fill in the required data and information of the applicant.
- Mention the correction data that is required to be changed in the Ration Card. This can be (Head of the Household Name, Date of Birth, House/Door Number, Colony name, Husband/Wife name, Occupation, Village/Ward, and District/Mandal etc.
- Enter the corrections requires in the Family Member details. (if any)
- Enter the document number.
- Give the applicant signature
- Finally, click on submit option after you have done with the form filling.
Documents That Are Required for AP Ration Card Card Correction
The documents that are requires for the AP Ration Card Correction are as follows:
- Bank Passbook
- Certificate issued by the Educational Department.
- Driving License
- Employee ID Card.
- Other Government Benefit proof documents.
- Telephone Bill
- Copy of the Ration Card.
- Copy of the Electricity Bill
- LPG Gas Connection Receipt
- Date of Birth Certificate copy of Arogyasri Card
- Municipal Tax Receipt
- Transfer Orders
- Copy of a Voter ID Card
- Copy of a PAN Card
- Rs 10/- Bond Affidavit which must be duly signed.
After you are done with the above given process, you can check the status of your Update / Correction request online. To know How to check the status of AP EPDS Ration Card Correction
The India’s largest Private Bank ICICI Bank launches a digital service that allows the customers to open PPF Account through Internet Banking or Mobile Banking. Adopting this new digital facility will ease up the process and will reduce the confusion of the submission of the paper documents.
|Some Relevant Links|
|ICICI Bank Credit Card Customer Care Number||Click Here|
|Link Aadhaar With ICICI Bank Account||Click Here|
|ICICI Bank IFSC Code||Click Here|
The customers now no longer have to visit the bank branch and wait in the queue and submit the physical documents to open a PPF Account. They can now do it anytime, anywhere using the bank’s digital channels of Internet and Mobile Banking.
The bank said that it is a first lender in the Country to introduce a complete digital and paperless procedure for opening a PF Account. This facility is completely available online (24*7) and on all days. The customers have to log in to their Internet Banking or Mobile Banking for applying for a PPF Account.