Ration Card is the oldest traditional document which is issued under an authority of the State Government, as per the Public Distribution System. The primary reason behind issuing ration card is to offer essentials such as food grains, fuels at a subsidized rate from fair price shops. To make sure that the deserving candidates gets the benefits they need, the state government issues distinctive Ration cards which are Above Poverty Line (APL), Below Poverty Line (BPL), and Antyodaya families.
Apart from that, a Ration card also works as a valid proof of identification at the time of applying for Domicile Certificate, Electoral rolls name inclusion etc. They are further divided into categories such as APL (Above Poverty Line), BPL (Below Poverty Line), Antyodaya etc. Temporary Ration Cards also issued to citizens in addition to the Permanent Ration Cards, which are valid only for few months.
|Some Important Links|
|Appy For Bihar Voter ID Card|
|Apply For Bihar Driving License|
|Bihar Pin Code|
|Bihar Bank IFSC Code|
|Link Aadhaar Card With Bank Account|
|Link Aadhaar With Mobile Number|
Types of Bihar Ration Cards (Bihar PDS)
There are three types of Bihar Ration Cards (Bihar PDS) such as:
- Above Poverty Line (APL)– This type of ration cards are issued to people who live above the line of poverty
- Below Poverty Line (BPL)– This type of cards are issued to people who live below the line of poverty
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) Cards– AAY cards are provided to people who belongs to the economically weakest section of the societies
Eligibility Criterion for Issuance of New Bihar Ration Card (Bihar PDS)
If you wish to apply for a Bihar Ration Card (Bihar PDS), you are required to meet the following conditions:
- The applicants must be the citizens of India
- The applicants must be the resident of the particular region
- No previous ration card should be held by the applicant
Documents Required to Apply for a New Bihar Ration Card (Bihar PDS)
It is advisable to keep the following documents handy before applying for a Bihar Ration Card (Bihar PDS):
- Residential proof of address
- Passport size photograph of the head of the household which must be attested by the MLA, MP, Municipal Councillor or a Gazetted Officer.
- Certificate of Deletion or Surrender of your previous card, if any. Spot inquiries would be conducted by the circle FSO, M.O. or S.I should you fail to submit a proof of residence. The statements of two neighbourhood witnesses would also be recorded.
How to Apply for Bihar Ration Card at sfc.bihar.gov.in
To apply for a Bihar Ration Card, you can follow the below mentioned steps:
- Acquire the application form from Circle Office or the Office of the S.D.O
- You are required to keep passport – size photographs of the head of the family which should be attested by the MLA, MP, Municipal Councillor or a Gazetted Officer. Also provide residential address proof and the Certificate of Deletion or Surrender of your previous card
- The authorities will pay a visit for verification purpose to verify the documents and information you have provided. The statements of two neighbourhood witnesses will also be recorded
- Once you have provided all the documents and the verification process is done, it will take typically 15 days to get your Bihar Ration Card
Once you have applied, if you don’t receive your ration card within 15 days of the application, you can also track the status of your application by visiting the official PDS (Public Distribution System) website of Bihar PDS (sfc.bihar.gov.in).