Last updated on January 5th, 2018 at 10:25 am
A Ration Card is an essential card not exclusively for the purchasing of the food grains at a reasonable value but also works as an identity proof. The ration cards are provided to all class of citizens and these classifications are mainly dependent on how much they earn on a yearly basis. The ration cards are available for both Above Poverty Level Class and Below Poverty Level Class. However, the individuals who are truly poor and do not have a steady financial position are placed in an alternate class.
After the separation of the Andhra Pradesh and the Telangana, the Andhra Pradesh Government has introduced an online interface to download and check status related to the Ration Card from the official website http://epdsap.ap.gov.in.
About AP EPDS Ration Cards
The AP EPDS Ration Cards plays a major role in day to day life and it is very important to acquire the ration cards because it provides many benefits that are introduced by the State Government such as for the poor families in getting rice, food grains kerosene, sugar, oil etc. The distribution of LPG through the fair price shop under the Public Distribution System at subsidized rates etc.
The AP Government has introduced new ways to access the ration cards from the official website of Civil supplies at http://epdsap.ap.gov.in
The Andhra Pradesh Electronic Public Distribution System is providing two types of Ration Cards:
- White Ration Cards- These cards are mainly allotted to those families who are under or below the Poverty Line (BPL)
- Pink Ration Cards- These Ration Cards are mainly allotted to those families who are above the Poverty Line (APL).
These Ration Cards acts as a proof of identification as you will get the subsidy in the grains, sugar, rice and other daily used products. This is an essential proof of address which can be used and accepted in various platforms such as- Passport, RTO, joining school and colleges etc.
In this site, the individual can access many applications such as Andhra Pradesh Ration Card Application Status, Food Security Card Application Research and so on. The Andhra Pradesh Government has started issuing the Ration Cards with the expectation to provide sustenance security to the people residing in the Andhra Pradesh.
The Department of the Consumer Affairs, Food and Civil Supplies, Andhra Pradesh is introducing a real-time Status Check, Apply Online and Public Report to the People. As per the official website of Andhra Pradesh EPDS, there are a total of 29,980 Shops in various places in Andhra Pradesh. The total number of Ration Card Holders as on August 2017 is 14209657.
How to Know Your AP EPDS Ration Card Status
This is the Step By Step Procedure to Know the Application Status of the Ration Card Online
- Visit the Official webpage of the AP EPDS – http://epdsap.ap.gov.in
- Now scroll down, you will see four options available- Print Ration Card, Search Ration Card, Transaction History, and Application Search.
- Then click on the Print Ration Card based on the Old RCNO or the Application Number.
- You will get the Print Ration Card Number. Now enter a name of any person of the concerned family member and click on submit.
- After the submission, a unique number is displayed. Select the number and paste it in the “Click here to search your Application Number” and submit.
- You will get all the details regarding your AP EPDS Ration Card.
You can perform not only the Status Check but can also check the Transaction Details and Download a Duplicate Ration Card. All the task is performed in the official website of the AP EPDS all you have to do is just fill in the form with your Ration Card Number and Click on Search. Make sure that you enter all your details correctly.
AP EPDS Ration Card Status Using AP EPDS Android App
Ration Card Applicant can also check their Ration Card Status using the AP EPDS Official Android App.
- First download and install the Official AP EPDS Mobile App from Google Play Store or Download it from here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nic.ap.epds&hl=en
- After installing Open the Application, Various features of the App will be displayed.
- Click on “Track Application” option available in the App.
- On clicking a new screen will open asking for the “Ration Card Number“, enter the details and Submit.
- If the Ration Card Number Entered is correct your Ration Card Status will be displayed on the Screen.
How to Download Duplicate EPDS AP Ration Card
Poor, lower, middle-income families are highly dependent upon these cards. Thus if ever an individual loses his or her ration card, it is recommended to apply for a duplicate ration card as soon as possible so that the person or his or her family do not have to suffer in the coming months.The easiest way to apply for a duplicate ration card is by visiting the official website of EPDS. After applying for a duplicate ration card, you can take out a print out of the same by following the steps below:
a) Go to the official website of EPDS or Click Here .
b) Enter your application number or the old ration card number.
c) Select the option “Print ration card” and then enter your old ration card number.
d) Now, click on the “print option”.
e) After this, the screen will display the ration card and its information like family members details, district, village.
f) You have two options, you can either take the print out and go to the MRO office and then apply for an original ration card or you can ask your nearest ration shopkeeper to provide you the original card.
If your ration card has an error or you want to update some information in the AP EPDS Ration Card, then please read this article detailing How to Update or Correct your Andhra Pradesh Ration Card.