American Express is a global financial service institution which is headquartered in Buffalo, New York City. The company was founded in 1850 and is popularly known as Amex. This financial institution is also considered to be the 4th largest card issuer in the world with over 109 million cards in its network.
American Express or Amex offers a wide range of products and services to its customers such as a range of shopping, lifestyle, travel and dining privileges.
In cards, the bank offers a host of credit cards for its customers. Read below to know the type of credit cards that American Express bank offers:
- 1 American Express or Amex Credit Cards
- 2 Some of The Features of The Various Credit Cards
- 3 Apply for American Express Credit Cards
- 4 American Express Credit Card Eligibility
- 5 Documentation Requirements For American Express Credit Card
- 6 Insurance Facility Provided by American Express Bank
American Express or Amex Credit Cards
American Express Platinum Cards
Platinum card is a type of charge card (it is a type of credit card for use with an account which must be paid in full when a statement is issued) with a yearly fee of Rs. 50,000 plus tax. The card comes with premium lifestyle benefits and entitles the cardholder to avail attractive discounts on luxurious items or services, such as hotel stays, branded merchandise, etc.
American Express Gold Card
The gold card is also a type of charge card with an annual fee of Rs.1000 plus tax in the first year and Rs.4500 from the second year onwards. The card comes with reward points which are based on two levels of Gold tiers like 18-carat rewards and 24-carat rewards. And for every spent of Rs. 50 the cardholder can earn 1 reward.
American Express Platinum Reserve SM Credit Card
This card will provide various discounts on every spend at restaurants, shopping, retail purchase etc and it also allows access to select airport lounges.
Jet Airways American Express Platinum Credit Card
Jet Airways American Express Platinum Credit Card is a travel card which offers customers with discounts on flight tickets through its Reward program when travelling on Jet Airways.
American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card
This is also a travel card which offers benefits and privileges with respect to travelling.
American Express Credit Cards designed in a way so that it can provide maximum benefits to the cardholders. It has features such as payback points, special travel and lifestyle deals and flexibility to compensate the reward points across 600 options, American Express Credit Card will be a delight to every cardholder’s wallet.
Some of The Features of The Various Credit Cards
- Guaranteed online fraud protection
- Complete suite of online services
- Zero lost card liability
- Emergency Card Replacement
Apply for American Express Credit Cards
Credit card offers a lot of benefits to the customers and it plays a big role in the economy as well. However, if not used wisely, an individual can be under huge debt and will have to pay a hefty amount in interest. This is because unless individuals pay their credit card bill in full, for every subsequent payment an interest will be charged.
Hence, one requires using credit card sensibly to avail the benefits of the product. With every swipe customers get reward points, AirMiles or other discounts. Besides that, other discounts can also be enjoyed, such as a waiver of fuel surcharge upon spending a certain minimum amount.
Credit card holders of American Express bank get to enjoy the benefits of high rewards every time they spend. Also, with the ‘Pay–In-Parts’ privilege program, you can convert your payments to easy instalment plans.
There are two ways to apply for credit card such as online and offline.
Application through American Express Website
In order to apply for American Express Website follow the below-mentioned procedure:
- Visit the official website of American Express Credit Cards –www.americanexpress.com
- Go to “Our Cards”
- Look for “Credit Cards” option under the “Our Cards” tab
- Click on “Credit Cards” that will lead you to a list of all the credit cards offered by American Express
- Select a card of your choice and click on it and read about their features and benefits in details [Before settling for an option applicants can make a comparison between all the cards to find what suits them the most].
- Click on “Apply Now” to apply directly for the selected American Express Credit Card
- Fill in the application form with details such as:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email id
- Mobile Number
- Date of Birth
- Annual Net Income
- Residential Address Details
- Employer Details
- Education Level
- Aadhaar Card Number
Once you have filled the form by providing the above mentioned details, the bank will verify whether the candidate is eligible to avail the credit card that they have applied for. If the applicant is eligible bank will then issue or reject their application.
Else, Applicants can also apply for a credit card by sending an email to the bank.
Application For Credit Card Through Offline Method
The offline way is also available for customers who are not very comfortable with the online procedures as American Express bank offers direct application process. Follow the below mentioned procedure to apply using the same method:
- Visit the nearest American Express branch
- Fill in the required application form which you receive from the bank if you fulfil the eligibility criteria
- Once filled, submit the application form along with the necessary documents such as id proof, address proof, and income proof
- The bank official will verify all the details you have provided and attached document to decide whether or not the applicant meets the eligibility criteria for the credit card that they have applied for
- If the applicant is eligible bank will then issue or reject their application.
For further query, the applicants can also call on the toll free customer acre number i.e. 1800 419 1414 or 0124 280 1414 and this service is available 24*7 on all days of the week.
American Express Credit Card Eligibility
Eligibility Criteria has been set by the bank in order to avail American Express Credit Card. For an identification process, the applicants are required to provide some documents as well.
In order to apply for an American Express Credit Card, the applicant must satisfy the following eligibility criteria, which are as follows:
- The applicant must be aged above 18 years or above that
- The applicant must have a good credit history to avail a credit card
- He should not have had any payment defaults
- Self – employed applicants’ companies must have been trading for at least 18 months or 12 months if he is an existing American Express credit cardholder. Depending on the type of card, the income requirement varies. Make sure you inquire with American Express before proceeding with the application process.
Documentation Requirements For American Express Credit Card
You might be asked to submit the following documents during the application process:
- Self-Attested Passport Sized Photographs
- Latest Salary Slips, Income Tax Returns and Form 16
- A Valid Residence Proof Document like Ration card or Electricity bill
- An Identity Proof like Voter’s ID or Driving License.
Insurance Facility Provided by American Express Bank
American Express offers various types of insurance facility as well. Insurance is custom made by ICICI Lombard and the Insurance Products are as follows:
American Express offers substantial and mouldable travel insurance plans which are based on the needs and requirements of the cardholders. It also offers coverage up to 85 years of age payable instantly and only for the total number of days travelled.
Under this insurance type, vehicles will get insurance coverage which is owned by the cardholders in case of accidents. It also does not require any kind of paperwork and is a digitally signed plan. It also provides roadside assistance to its customers.
As the name suggests, health insurance covers all the health-related problems of the cardholder and also of their family members. It considers all the medical related needs of the cardholder and provides them with a best made – to – order plan based on their requirements.
Personal Accidental Insurance
The card holders can also opt for a far-reaching personal accidental plan that would safeguard them on every step at the time of any personal accidents. It also provides coverage of Rs. 2 crores up to the age of 65 years and no medical check-ups are needed. It also provides an easy and instantaneous claim facility.