Ration Card is a very important document for every citizen of India. The ration cards are used for buying subsidized food and fuel like (LPG, Kerosene, Wheat, Rice, Sugar etc.) at a low cost. The Ration cards are very useful for that citizen who are under the poverty line. The low-income group of people can get the food and fuel products from the Ration Shops which are located in many areas of the state. The Ration Cards are used to make other important documents like Passport, Driving License, Aadhaar Card etc. The Ration card also acts as an Identity Proof for all the citizens of the country.
Recently, the Government has introduced the Smart Cards, which are nothing but the digitalised Ration Cards. These ration cards are chip-embedded Smart Ration Cards. It has a photograph of the head of the Family. The card is issued to one person per family by the State Government. Jharkhand is one of the states who has started online portal to provide Ration Cards to its residential. Today, we are going to discuss about the Jharkhand Ration Card, its categories, process of application, knowing the status of the application, benefits and much more.
- 1 Types of Ration Cards In Jharkhand
- 2 Eligibility Criteria of Ration Card Jharkhand
- 3 How to Apply for Ration Card in Jharkhand
- 4 Documents Required for issuing Ration Card in Jharkhand
- 5 How to Check the Application Status of the Ration Card Jharkhand
Types of Ration Cards In Jharkhand
The following are the types of the Ration Cards in Jharkhand that are provided to the citizens by the Jharkhand Government:
- General Priority (Priority and Non- Priority Cards): These are the priority and Non-priority Ration Cards that has replaced the Below Poverty Line and Above Poverty Line cards respectively. These Ration Cards are mandated under the National Food Security Act 2013, which has rolled out in the states in November. According the new Ration card rule, the eldest woman above 18 years of age in the family will be the owner of the Ration Card. The families with the Priority Ration cards will get rice at a price of Rs 3/kg and wheat at Rs 2/Kg whereas, the Non-Priority cards will get the rice and wheat at APL rates.
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) Ration Card: This scheme is used to serve the poorest of the poor in the rural areas and urban areas. These are the very poor people who do not have a stable income. Daily Labors, Coolies, Rickshaw walas, Potters, Slum dwellers fall under this category.
- Annapurna Yojana Card (AY Card): These are the types of Ration Cards that are issued only to the elderly poor people whose age is 65 years or above.
- State Priority Ration cards (SPHH): These Ration cards are issued to those people who needs a serious treatment due to the serious illness. This Ration Card type comes under the Non- Priority Category. These card holders are not eligible for the purchasing the products from the Ration Shops. Issuance of this type of Ration Card is the responsibility of concerned state and purely depends ruling State Govt. and its policy.
Commodities covered by the Ration Card Jharkhand
- Various commodities such as sugar, kerosene, oil, rice are covered under the Smart Ration Cards.
- Sugar will be provided only to the BPL and AAY families under the Targeted PDS. Sugar is not provided to the APL families
- The ration card holders would be provided the essentials of the system of PDS as determined by the State Government, the scales and the rates are also fixed by the Government.
Eligibility Criteria of Ration Card Jharkhand
The eligibility conditions for the ration card in Jharkhand are
- The applicants who have no ration cards must submit a certificate from Nigam Parishad, Halka Karamchari (the Revenue Karamchari), Panchayat Sewak, Panchayat Pradhan or the Tax Collector giving a written statement that “the applicant possess no Ration Card”. The certificate will be issued to the applicant if he/she submits an affidavit to this effect to the respective authority. This document is required along with the application form.
- For the applicants who have the Ration Cards who the previous region, transfer to a new place then, a Surrender Certificate should be obtained from the District and the Block Level Supply Officer of the previous residence. Attach this document along with the application form.
- If you are planning to make a Ration Card for your child, you should submit the Birth Certificate along with an application which will be addressed to the District or the Block Level Supplier.
How to Apply for Ration Card in Jharkhand
If you are applying for the Ration Card for the first time then follow the steps mentioned below:
- Obtain the application form 2 which is meant for a new Ration Card application. You can obtain it from the following website- http://www.india.gov.in/allimpfrms/allforms/9225.pdf
- Fill out all the sections of the form completely and correctly. Submit the application form along with the required documents to the Block Level Supply Officers, depending upon where you reside – whether in the rural region, or the District Level Supply Officer if you reside in an urban area.
- After the successful submission you are provided a receipt which can be used in future to status tracking.
- Now you can show the receipt and collect the Ration Card. The information and all the details are verified by the inquiry officer.
- No application fee is submitted.
Documents Required for issuing Ration Card in Jharkhand
The Documents that are required for issuing a Ration Card in Jharkhand
- Copy of Address Proof: (Provide any one them)- Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill, Bank Passbook, Passport.
- Copy of Age Proof: Birth Certificate, School Leaving Certificate
- Copy of ID Proof: Voter ID card, Panchayat Certificate for the head of the family, NOC Certificate or Surrender Certificate in case of renewal, Passport size photographs of the head of the family.
How to Check the Application Status of the Ration Card Jharkhand
You can check the status of the Application form only if you have applied for it. Following mentioned are the steps to check the status of the Ration Card in Jharkhand
- Visit the official website of the Jharkhand Government- aahar.jharkhand.gov.in
- Click on the link showing “Application Status“.
- Now fill in the details like the Ration Card ID or Number, which is the acknowledgment number which you get after the submission of the Ration Card Application.
- Click on submit now
- Once you click on the submit button, you will get all the details regarding the Ration Card and its Status will be displayed on the screen.