Aadhaar is a 12 digit unique identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). This identification number is allocated to all the Indian citizens. The UIDAI is an agency of the Government of India. The UID number is stored in a centralized database and is linked with the demographic details and the biometric information. The biometric information includes the fingerprints, iris, a photograph of each individual.
Recently, the Government made it mandatory to link Aadhaar to the bank account so that the citizens can enjoy a maximum number of benefits of several Government schemes and subsidies.
IDFC stands for Infrastructure Development Finance Company is an Indian Private Banking Company which has its headquarters in Mumbai, India. The Reserve Bank of India gave a Universal License to the bank in July 2015 and the bank started to operate on 1st October 2015.IDFC bank has a total of 23 branches in Madhya Pradesh, Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Kolkata with 4078 number of Employees.
IDFC bank has a total of 23 branches in Madhya Pradesh, Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Kolkata with 4078 number of Employees.
The bank offers a wide range of products and services like retail banking, commercial and wholesale banking, business banking and newly introduced Bharat banking etc.
How To Link Aadhaar with IDFC Bank Account
The IDFC Bank Account offers online and offline modes of linking Aadhaar with the Bank. For linking Aadhaar with IDFC Bank account online, you need to have an Internet Banking facility or net banking facility.
Steps to Link Aadhaar with IDFC Bank Account Online
- Visit the official website of IDFC Bank: www.idfcbank.com
- Now click on the Personal Banking option
- Click on continue to login.
- Enter your User ID and Password to login.
- Once you are logged in, see the left-hand side option.
- There is an Option showing “Aadhaar seeding” or “Aadhaar Linking Request”.
- Click on the option.
- Now enter the 12 digit Aadhaar number and confirm it.
- Once you click on the confirm details, submit the details and you will see a confirmation message on the screen.
- Thus, your Bank account is linked with your Aadhaar.
Steps to Link Aadhaar with IDFC Bank Account Offline
- Visit the nearest IDFC Bank Branch. Take a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar and Passbook (Both copy and Original) along with you.
- Now collect the Aadhaar seeding with the Bank Account form from the counter and fill it correctly.
- Submit the Aadhaar seeding form along with the self-attested copy of Aadhaar card.
- Once you are done with the Aadhaar seeding, the bank will send you a confirmation message via SMS on your registered mobile number.
The Aadhaar Seeding via SMS and ATM is currently not operating in IDFC Bank.Thus, you can use any one of these methods to link your Aadhaar with the Bank account according to your convenience.
Thus, you can use any one of these methods to link your Aadhaar with the Bank account according to your convenience.
If you have already linked your Aadhaar to the Bank Account. Read here about How to check the Aadhaar and Bank Account link status.