The Government has made to mandatory to link their Sim Cards with the Aadhaar number. The deadline date for linking Aadhaar number with the mobile phones is February 2018. The existing Airtel Subscribers who are planning to get their SIM cards linked with their Aadhaar number will able to get the solution in this article.
If you have already done the biometric process along with the Aadhaar at the time of taking the Airtel Connection, then there is no need to do this process again. And if you have given your Aadhaar card as an identity proof only then you have to get their Aadhaar card linked with your Airtel SIM.
Below are the SMS’s which Airtel is sending to all of its subscribers. This is a reminder message in Marathi to get their SIM Cards linked with the Aadhaar of how to Link Aadhaar with Airtel SIM
Steps to Link Aadhaar with the Airtel Mobile Number or Airtel SIM
- Visit the nearest Airtel retail store. Take your Mobile Number as well as your Aadhaar card along with you.
- Tell the concerned authority to link your Airtel number with the Aadhaar number.
- The authority will ask your 10-digit mobile number and 12-digit Aadhaar card number.
- Then you will receive a verification code OTP on your Airtel Mobile Number.
- Provide the code to complete the verification process.
- After that, your Biometric information will be captured for the confirmation purpose like the fingerprint or the iris scan. The details will be collected as per the information in the Aadhaar database.
- All the KYC Details will be overwritten with the Aadhaar details.
- Then you will receive a confirmation SMS within 24 hours after the process is completed.
- You can also link multiple number of Airtel Mobile Numbers or Data Card Numbers with your Aadhaar Card.
- If in case you are linking your Data Card Number with your Aadhaar then the OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- The process of linking Aadhaar with Airtel Mobile Number is completely free of cost.