A must have document, Aadhaar Card has been mandated to be linked with a number of other important official documents such as our bank accounts.
On 13th December 2017, the government has extended the deadline of Aadhaar and bank account linkage for three more months i.e. March 31st, 2017.
This decision has been taken by the government after various representations as well as inputs received from banks.
Also note that this deadline is meant for existing bank accounts which are more than six months – old i.e. March 31st, 2018. And the customers who have opened bank accounts after October 1st, 2017, the deadline will be six months from the date of opening the account.
Earlier the deadline which people have been adhering to was December 31st, 2017 respectively.
How to link Aadhaar with Bank Account
The account holder can link their bank account with the Aadhaar card via two ways, that is, either online or offline. The details of both the process are given below:
Online Method to link Aadhaar with Bank Account
- Visit the official website of the bank you have account in
- Log into the website using the username and the password
- Click on “request” and then select “view / update Aadhaar”
- Fill the Aadhaar number in the appropriate space and again re-enter it.
- After accepting the terms and conditions click on “submit“
- You are required to fill in the OTP (One Time Password) that you will receive the registered mobile number.
Offline method to link Aadhaar with Bank Account
- Visit the nearest Yes bank branch and fill in the application form for the Aadhaar link with the bank account.
- After completing the application form it must be submitted to the bank authorities
- The bank might ask for the document for verification. The documents will be returned once the verification process is completed
- Once the verification is completed the bank authorities will link the Aadhaar card with the bank account
- The account holder will be confirmed about the same via SMS or an email id which has been registered in the bank’s database
- After verifying the details the bank account will be automatically updated in the bank records and an e-mail and SMS will be sent to the user about the same.