Income tax department have made the PAN card easy for its holders as one does not require carrying their PAN card physically all the time. The Income Tax Department has made PAN information available on its website. Now a PAN card holder can find their PAN card number or find the address listed under your PAN number on the e – filing website easily.
|Some Important Links Related To The PAN Card|
|PAN Card Information||Click Here|
|Apply For The PAN Card||Click Here|
|Track PAN Card Application Status||Click Here|
|Form 49A||Click Here|
|PAN Card For NRI||Click Here|
|PAN Card Correction/Update||Click Here|
|Re Apply For Lost PAN Card||Click Here|
|Apply For Duplicate PAN Card||Click Here|
|PAN Card Link With Aadhaar Card||Click Here|
Know Your PAN Card Number
On the e – filing website you can find your PAN number by just providing your name and date of birth. Follow the below mentioned process to know your PAN number by providing your name and date of birth:
- To start with the procedure, you are required to log in to the official website of e – filing i.e. incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
- On the home page, click on “Know your PAN” option from the quick links.
- Upon click on the above mentioned option, you will be redirected to a new page where you will have to fill in a form and provide details such as date of birth, date of incorporation, surname, middle name and first name. Enter the captcha code that is displayed on the screen and click on submit.
- As a result you will be provided with information such as your PAN card number, your First name, your Middle name, your Surname, Jurisdiction and also a Remarks section which will state whether your card is active, inactive or any other status.
How to know your PAN Card details from Income Tax Website
In order to find out any other details of your PAN card including your address, you can do so by registering yourself on the Income Tax Department e – filing website and then follow the below mentioned procedure:
- Visit the e – filing website and click on “Register Yourself” and select your user type and click on ‘Continue’.
- Now the PAN card holder is required to provide their basic details.
- Now fill up the registration form with correct information and click on ‘Submit’.
- Now the applicant will receive an activation link which will be sent to the applicant’s email ID provided by you. And click on this link to activate your account.
- Now login to your account on the e – filing website and select “Profile Settings” and then “My Account”, upon clicking on this you will get the following information.
- PAN number
- Name of Assess
- Date of Birth
- Address of Assess
How to check the status of your PAN card
Once you have submitted your online application for your new PAN card, you can also keep a track of your PAN card. The online application methods are both easy and hassle free.
- In order to check the status of your new PAN card, you are required to log on to the official website of PAN, TIN – NSDL: tin.tin.nsdl.com
- After that go on to the PAN section on the website. On this page the applicants can check the status of their application.
- Now the applicants are required to choose the application type that they are filling in.
- Now in this step the applicants will have to provide few details along with their 15 – digit acknowledgement number i.e. their full name and date of birth.
- Once the applicants have filled in the required information, they will be directed to a page where they can see the status of their application.
Nowadays, Aadhaar is becoming more and more powerful and has been successful in every path taken towards the development of the economy of the country. Initially starting from the Aadhaar Card to currently Aadhaar on phones seems just magical. The 9 years of the journey has Aadhaar has got so many changes nationally and globally. Be it filing an ITR or submitting your app. And now you can verify your registered mobile number and email ID using different tools provided by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
For Email: you can visit the UIDAI website homepage, a link is provided which redirects the user to the next page. When you are redirected to the other page, you need to fill in the following details such as the 12-digit Aadhaar number, the email id which you want to verify along with the security password given to verify. After mentioning the following details a One Time Password is generated. You need to give the One Time Password and your mobile number and email id are registered. You need to make sure that the OTP is sent to the email address which you have given during the Aadhaar registration process.
For Mobile Number: In the case of the verification of mobile number, you need to give the Aadhaar number, email id and the mobile number along with the Security Password. Click on the “Get One Time Password” you will receive an OTP in an SMS form. This OTP is sent to the given mobile number. Enter the OTP. Click and verify and you are done with the verification.
To know more about services offered by UIDAI Official Website like Biometric Locking/ Unlocking, Find Enrollment Centers, please click here.
The government of India has yet again shown its dedication towards digital India initiative by introducing the mAadhaar application on July 18, 2017. The app is launched by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) and will work as an on the cloud Aadhaar for the users. The app will carry Aadhaar eKYC details in user’s mobile and will make it easy for Aadhaar Holder to use for authentication usage.
mAadhaar will provide an interface to Aadhaar users to carry their demographic information like Name, Date of Birth, Address and Gender with photograph linked with Aadhaar in their mobile phones.
You can download the app by clicking here. Google Play Link
|Various Facilities Provide By The UIDAI Official Website|
|Check UIDAI Official Website Services||Click Here|
|Check Aadhaar Card Status By Name||Click Here|
|Update Aadhaar Card On SSUP||Click Here|
|Aadhaar Card Correction Online||Click Here|
|Change Aadhaar Card Address Without Mobile Number||Click Here|
|Download Aadhaar Card By Enrolment ID||Click Here|
|Download Aadhaar Card By Aadhaar Number||Click Here|
|Download Aadhaar Card By Name & Date Of Birth||Click Here|
|Link Aadhaar Card With PAN Card||Click Here|
|Link Aadhaar Card With Bank Account||Click Here|
|Link Aadhaar Card To Mobile Number via OTP||Click Here|
Importing Aadhaar Details in mAadhaar App
After setting up the password, users have to import their Aadhaar details. This can be done by entering your 12 digit Aadhaar number and requesting for a One Time Password (OTP). The OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number connected to the Aadhaar entered. After verifying the OTP, the user can see their Aadhaar details in the App. The details are shown as in the Aadhaar Card.
Features of mAadhaar App
UIDAI has introduced the Biometric locking feature late last year so that Aadhaar holders can specify if they don’t want their biometric information to be used for Authentication or not. Locked Biometric information means the no one can access user’s biometric information for authentication purpose and keep the information safe in a secured environment.
A user can Lock or Unlock their biometric information using the mAadhaar app. This makes the whole Locking/Unlocking process easy, fast and more convenient for the user.
Requested for an OTP and waiting for last 10 minutes for it, this has happened to all of us. To help users in this scenario, UIDAI has introduced the feature of Time based One Time password (TOTP) in the mAadhaar app which can be used instead of OTP. The TOTP expires every 1 minute and a new TOTP is generated.
Sharing of QR Code and eKYC data
This is the most important feature of mAadhaar app and which we think will be used the most in near future. With Aadhaar required for almost every government related task, be it getting an Indian Passport or claiming your EPF, the requirement for easy access to Aadhaar KYC is a must. mAadhaar gives you 2 options to share your demographic information in a secured way
- QR Code – You can generate a QR code containing your demographic information as linked with Aadhaar through mAadhaar app. The authentication agency will just have to scan this and voila! your authentication is done, No more photocopies of Aadhaar, no more cross signing.
- e-KYC – You can also send your KYC (Know Your Customer) information over the internet via an Email or share via file sharing services like Dropbox directly by the mAadhaar app. The data will be in encrypted format and can only be read by UIDAI servers, thus maintaining the privacy of your data.
By launching this mAadhaar app, UIDAI and Government of India has taken a huge leap in the Digital India front. Hope to see more of useful products like this coming in future to make the life of an average Indian easier.
Security Features in UIDAI mAadhaar App
There are a number of features introduced in mAadhaar App. Security is given paramount importance in the app which is evident from the fact that, the first task a user has to perform to use the app is to set up a password to access the app. The password should have at least 8 characters and must have a capital letter, 1 numerical symbol and 1 special character.
Keeping in mind the security, UIDAI has gone one step further and ask for a password set in the first step at every action taken by the user. It can be irritating for some users (as the writer has found it to be), you also have an option to disable this in settings.
The Ministry of Road and Transportation have developed and facilitated computerization of more than 1000 Regional Transport Offices (RTO) across the country. The Regional Transport Office issues the Registration Certificate and Driving License that are valid across the country.
The Driving License is one of the most important documents which is recognized by the Government of India. The Driving License not only serves as the Certification of Driving Ability but also serves as a valid Identity Proof.
If you want to apply for a Driving License online, then you need to visit the Official website of the Regional Transport Office (RTO). You can download the form from the website. Then submit the form along with the documents that are required during the process. Firstly, a learning license is issued if you pass the first test at the RTO successfully. Then after, a month later you have to apply for another test and clear that test too which means that if you clear both the tests successfully, Driving License will be issued.
In this article, we are going to provide you with a detailed guide on how to apply for a new Driving License online.
Stages in the Application Submission while issuing for a Learner’s License
- Fill in the Applicant Details
- Upload the documents
- Upload the photo and Signature
- Learner’s License Test Booking
- Payment of the Fee
Step by Step Procedure for Applying For a Driving License Online
- Visit the official website for applying for a Driving License. The link for reaching this website is – sarathi.nic.in
- There you will find an option to choose for which license you want to apply for:
- Learner’s License
- New Driving License
- Then select one from the option and then click on continue.
- Then you will proceed to the Applicant Details.
- In the applicant details section, fill in the required details. If your place of birth is outside India then you have to mention the month and the year you have migrated to India.
- After filling all the details, now click on continue to proceed to the next step.
- In the next step, enter the details of your address.
- Then enter the class of the vehicles. The class of the vehicles denotes the specific feature or the quality of your motor vehicle.
- After you are done filling the application form, now accept the declaration form and submit along with the documents.
Complete Details of the Application Form
The Form that is available for applying the Driving License is called Form 9. It has a total of 5 sections. Let us discuss all the sections one by one:
Section – 1
This is the first part of the application form. In this part, you have to provide all the information about yourself. The following are the details that is entered in the form:
- Type of License (Learners or Drivers)
- State (select it from the drop down menu)
- Name of the RTO/DTO (Select from the drop-down menu)
- Applicant’s name- First Name, Middle Name, and the Last Name
- Date of the Birth
- Place of Birth (Optional)
- Country by Birth
- E-mail Address (Optional)
- Name of either one – Father/ Husband/ Guardian
- Permanent Address Proof (Copy is to be enclosed along with the form)
- Present Address
- Citizenship Status (by birth/ status/ registration/ descent/ Non- Indian)
- Educational Qualification
- Identification Marks (Optional)
- Blood Group
Section – 2
The next section of the application form that denotes the type of vehicle that the applicant is seeking for a license to drive. The applicant can list up to 19 vehicle types for a license in one single form. You also have to mention the type of the License you are applying for. You should also mention the Registration Certificate.
Section – 3
In this section, the applicant has to enter all the enclosures that he/she is submitting along with the document. The enclosure documents that are submitted are the proof of address, identity, and age. The Learner’s License or the Driving License is issued to the applicant, along with the details such as the registering of the RTO and the Date of Issue.
Section – 4
This section consists of the declarations that say that the applicant has submitted all the necessary documents and enclosures like the medical certificate, license, documents of proof etc.
Section – 5
This section is associated with those who are applying for the Learner’s License and contains a document providing the parent/ guardian’s permission to apply for the Learner’s License.
This section is to be signed in the presence of the Licensing Authority by the parent/guardian.
After the completion of the form, you can click on the “Submit” button at the end of the form. After the submission, an auto-generated Web Application Number is generated on the screen. This number can be used for the future reference and can also be used to check the status of the application form.
Why should one apply for a Driving License Online?
It is necessary to apply for a Driving License online because it makes the application process more convenient and takes less time to go through the entire process. You can download the application form or submit it along with the necessary documents. Once this process is completed, you need to appear the written exam along with the interview. To obtain a License, you need to clear these batches of test successfully.
To apply for a Driving License, the applicant has to first apply for a Learner’s License. The applicant has to satisfy the following conditions to apply for a Learner’s License.
- The applicant’s age must be over 16 years for two-wheeler vehicle and 18 years for four-wheeler vehicle.
- The learner’s license holder can apply for a driving license 30 days after the issue of their Learner’s License.
- Learner’s License holders have to apply for a driving license within 180 days (6 months) of their Learner’s License being issued.
Documents to be submitted for Driving License
The following list of the documents are submitted along with the application form (Form 9):
- Learner’s License
- Proof of Address- Passport/ Ration Card / Voter ID / Life Insurance Policy/ Utility Bills like the Telephone bill, gas bill etc. / State or Central issued pay slip. You can submit any one of them.
- Proof of Age: you can submit any one of the mentioned: PAN Card, School Matriculation Certificate / Voter ID / Passport and Birth Certificate.
- Driving School Certificate (for Transport Vehicle Driving License Applicant’s
- All the documents pertaining to the vehicle to be used for the driving test.
- Passport Size Photograph.
Process for Applying Learner’s License Online
The applicants who wish apply for a Learner’s License can apply and submit the application form online. You can also book your driving test appointment.
- To apply online, the applicants can visit their state/Union Territory’s Regional Transport Authority Website and submit their application.
- They can also visit the Sarathi website which is managed by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
Documents that are submitted for Learner’s License
The documents are required for the submission of the Learner’s License are as follows:
- Physical Fitness Declaration (Form 1)
- Passport sized photographs
- Medical Certificate (Form 1-A)
- Proof of Address (Passport/ Voter ID/ Ration Card)
- Life Insurance Policy
- Voter ID card – Affidavit was sworn before a Public Notary or a Judicial Magistrate.
- Proof of Age (Passport/Voter ID/ Birth Certificate/ School Matriculation Certificate)
Learner’s License Test Slot Booking
Booking a test slot for a Learner’s License can be done online through the Sarathi website. The applicants who have submitted their application will receive notifications for slot book. All you have to do is go to the website and book the slots.
The applicants from the following cannot book slots for the Learner’s License through Sarathi Website:
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Andhra Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
The Driving Test Applicant is not available in the following states:
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Andhra Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Dadar and Nagar Haveli
- Daman and Diu
- Jammu and Kashmir
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- West Bengal
The applicants who belong to this State or Union Territory can visit the website of Regional Transport Authority in their State and book a slot.
Application Fees for Driving License and Learner’s License
|Type of License||Fee (in Rupees)||Revised Fee- January 2017|
|Learner’s License||Rs 30-75/- per License||Rs 150/-|
|Driving License||Rs 40/-||Rs 200/-|
|Driving License for Commercial Vehicle||
|International Driving License Fee||
|Driving License Renewal Fee||Rs 50/-||Rs 200/-|
|Learner’s License Renewal Fee||Rs 40/-||Rs 200/-|
To get the details of the Appointment through SMS
To get the details of the appointment status through SMS, you have to send the SMS in the following format:
SARATHI 165954 to 8790499899
A passport is one of the most important documents issued by the Government which helps us to travel to other countries in an ease. It is an official document that ensures smooth immigration into another country. It also doubles up as an authentic office document, helping us to avail various government and private services as it acts as an address and id proof. The fastest way to get an Indian Passport is to apply for Tatkal Passport Scheme.
Tatkal service is available for issue or reissue of Indian Passports. It is not available for miscellaneous services as OCI Card. Tatkal service is available on consideration grounds of genuine emergency like death, serious illness of a blood relative. Tatkal passport service is not for the case of scheduling travel plans, or in case of expired visa status or in a case where the passport has not been renewed for more than six months after the date of expiry.
|Some Important Links Related To Indian Passport|
|Apply For Indian Passport|
|Change Address In Passport|
|Passport Application Status|
Eligibility Criteria for Tatkal Passport
There are certain eligibility criteria for the TATKAL Passport application. Applicants falling into this category below cannot apply/reapply for the tatkal scheme.
- Citizens born to Indian parents outside India having an Indian Descent– The applicants who have Indian parents staying outside India but have an Indian descent can apply for the Tatkal Passport.
- Applicants who have been deported to India from other countries.
- Applicants who have been repatriated from a different country at Government’s cost.
- The applicants who have changed their name-this is a major issue
- Residents from Jammu and Kashmir and Nagaland.
- Naga origins residing outside Nagaland.
- Children adopted by Indian and Foreign parents.
- Minor Children with a single parent.
- Minor Children residing in Nagaland.
- Short passport validity renewal
- Lost or Stolen Passport.
- Passport damaged beyond recognition
- Change in sex or appearance
- Change in personal credentials such as a signature.
*No Police Verification is attempted in the Tatkal Passport Application.
Documents Required for Tatkal Passport Application
Before visiting the Passport Seva Kendra you need to make sure that you carry all the required documents as mentioned in the official site.
The documents that are needed at the time of applying and submitting.
- Verification certificate as per Annexure F– The annexure ‘F’ is basically a verification document which certifies that the applicant was staying at his/her current address for the past 1 year continuously and you are an Indian citizen with no criminal record from the past till date.
- Election card- The voter ID card.
- Aadhaar Card
- Service Photo Id Card
- Certificate of SC/ST/OBC
- Identity cards of Freedom Fighters
- Arms License
- Ration Card
- Property Documents
- Pension documents
- Railway Photo identity card.
- PAN card issued by the income tax department.
- Bank Passbook
- A students ID card from a recognized institution.
- Driving License
- Birth Certificate
- Gas Connection Bill
Tatkal Passport Fees
The charges for the Tatkal application is quite high. If you are applying for a fresh passport (TATKAL) then it has a different fee and payment process along with the duration. You will be charged Rs 2000/- extra in addition to the regular fees mentioned. The maximum time limit for the Tatkal Passport issuance is 7-10 days.
Tatkal Passport Application Process
The official site for applying for the Tatkal Passport is passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink.
- Register yourself at the official portal of Passport Seva.- You need to apply at the official website of the passport and register yourself.
- Every individual will be provided with a unique ID and password.- After registration, you will be provided with an ID and password. Log in using the ID and the password.
- When you log in yourself, you will be redirected to a page with two options fresh and reissue Choose the application option.
- Now, Select “Tatkal Option” in the scheme type.
- Fill in the desired details and click on the submit button.
- After filling the details, Download the application form and fill in the form.
- You can submit the form either online and offline.
- Please Complete the payment procedure
- Print out the payment receipt online
- Book an appointment at the nearest Passport Seva Kendra. Here you’ll be provided with an application token number.