The Voter ID Card or Electoral Photo ID Card (EPIC) is an identification card issued by the Election Commission to all the citizens of India above the age of 18 years in order to vote and practice their democratic rights. It also serves as general identity, address and age proof for other purposes from buying SIM card to applying for a passport.
A Voter ID card carries personal details such as date of birth and address of the card holder. It also contains the serial number, a hologram sticker, and stamped signature of the issuing authority.
|Some Important Links|
|Voter ID Card Information|
|Apply For The Voter ID Card|
|Update/Correction In Voter ID Card|
|Check Voter ID Card Application Status|
|Link Voter ID Card With Aadhaar Card|
Voter ID Verification Process in India
In order to verify voter ID, follow the below mentioned procedure:
- At first you need to log in to the official website of Election Commission of India (ECI) i.e. eci.nic.in. And in this website you will get all the required details that you need to know about online voter ID application process. Also look for the documents that you are required to submit during the process.
- In case you are applying for the Voter ID for the first time, you will have to fill in the details on Form – 6 and submit the duly filled form along with required documents. And applicants are required to submit the scanned copy of the documents and passport size images of the applicant must be attached wherever needed.
- Send the hard copy of your official documents to your nearest electoral office. It is suggestive to send the documents in person and avoid sending them by courier or post.
- Once you have submitted the form along with the required documents, make sure that they are error free and information is correct. After that an electoral officer may pay you a visit in order to verify your address by talking to your neighbours and other members of the society / neighbourhood.
Application Number For Voter Card Verification
Whichever ways you apply for a voter ID card, either online or offline, you should keep a track of your application number so that you can keep a check at any point the status of your application. ECI (Election Commission of India) will assign you an application number at the time you register for a voter’s ID. This number is usually a set of 11 digits.
How to Verify Election Voter ID Card
- Acquire a form either online or offline whichever way is convenient for you. Fill out the form with correct details and submit it along with the required documents.
- Once submitted and the documents such as address proof, identity proof, the details will be verified.
- Since the above mentioned steps are done, the applicants will be eligible to receive a voter ID card. They will also receive an acknowledgement number by the ECI.
- A Booth Level Officer (BLO) will pay a visit at the applicant’s residence in order to verify relevant details. In case, the information you provided does not match, your application will be cancelled.
- And in case of details found correct by the officer, then the verification will be complete and applicants will receive their Voter ID by post after around 2 – 3 weeks.
Voter ID verification process is same in all the states in India. Every state has (CEO) Chief Electoral Officer who is responsible for conducting State Assembly and Lok Sabha elections along with Gram Panchayat Election.
Ration Card is an important document in India through which one can avail basic necessities like food grains and fuels at subsidized rates. It also works as an identity proof which helps in getting other government documents such as PAN (Permanent Account Number) card, act as a proof of address and an income proof.
The Civil Supplies Department of Kerala Government launched an online system for submission of application forms for new Ration Cards which will bring immense convenience to the people of Kerala.
|Important Links Related To Kerala Documents|
|Update Kerala Ration Card|
|Voter ID Card In Kerala|
|Kerala Bank IFSC Code|
|Kerala Pin Code|
|Kerala Driving License|
|Aadhaar Card Linking With Kerala Bank Account|
Types of Kerala Ration Cards
- Non Priority Subsidy
- Non Priority
How to Apply for a Kerala Ration Card
Offline Method to apply for a Kerala Ration Card
There is still large number of people in our country who prefers to complete the procedure in person. For them the traditional method of application is still available.
- To begin with, visit TSO / DSO office to purchase an application form and for that you will have to pay a nominal amount of Rs. 5.
- Now fill the application form properly and visit the Taluk Supply Office with the filled up form and your Old Ration card.
- And provide the documents such as residential certificate issued by LSG office (Panchayat, Municipality, and Corporation), Reduction / Surrender Certificate / non – renewable certificate from the TSO from where you belong previously, income certificate issued by village officer and declaration
- Verification will take place and upon the successful verification you will issued with your new ration card within 15 days.
Online Method to Apply for A Kerala Ration Card
Online procedures are the most convenient ways as one does not require visiting the designated office and waiting in long queue, one can simply apply for a ration card from the comfort of their home. To apply for a ration card in Kerala, all you need is a secured internet connection. To apply for a kerala ration card and register as an applicant in Kerala visit the official website of Kerala Civil Supplies and follow the below mentioned steps:
- In case you have a ration card and want to register into the website, you are required to enter the bar – code number, which you will find on the last page of your card.
- In case you don’t have a ration card you are required to fill up the user details and submit the registration form.
- Now on the page you are in, an activation link will be displayed. Click on the ‘Activate Account’ button to activate the account
- And login to the website using your user ID and password which you have provided at the time of the registration.
- Now if you don’t have a ration card, there will be three options available for you which are issue of new ration card, Non inclusion certificate and Non renewable certificate
- In case you have a ration card, thirteen functions would be displayed on your screen which are as follows:
- Choose your required function and click on the “New Application Link”
- After clicking on the above mentioned option, fill up the form with correct date
- Now upload the required documents in PDF format with size less than 250 kb in the application
- Verify all the documents you have attached and also don’t forget to recheck all the information you have provided and take a printout of your application form which you have submitted for further proceedings and also keep a note of the application number and date which you will get once you have submitted the application form successfully
- Now visit the Taluk Supply Office (TSO) along with your original documents, application printout, and the application fees including the cost of the ration card for verification purpose
- You will receive a token number after accepting the application by TSO. Keep this token number for further follow up until you receive your Ration card.
How to Know Kerala Ration Card Details Online
If you want to check the details of your ration card you can do so online. Follow the below mentioned details to know Kerala Ration Card details online:
- To start with the procedure, you are required to log on to the Kerala State Civil Supplies Department’s official website www.civilsupplieskerala.gov.in
- Click on “Ration Card Details” on the home page and fill the necessary details and click on “Report” icon
- Now you will redirected to a new page and searches your details on the web page (Depending owner, ward, house number, address etc) and finally you will get ration card details online.
Income Tax is an annual tax which every earning individual, corporate firms, local authority and company has to pay. And the tax depends on the annual income of a person or entity where the cycle starts from 1st April in a year and ends on 31st March of the next year.
And every individual, firm or a company should file their income tax returns for a financial year on or before the 31st of July of the next financial year. Under section 139 (1), the normal due dates for filing of income tax return is:
|Where the taxpayer is
2. Any person mandatorily required to get his tax audit done
3. A working partner of a firm whose accounts are required to be audited
|30th September of the Assessment Year|
|In case of any other category of taxpayer i.e. Salaried / self-employer who are not required to get their tax audit done||31st July of the Assessment Year|
However, if you have missed your due date for filing your income tax return, you can do so belatedly under section 139 (4).
Belated Return of Income Tax
As discussed if a taxpayer fail to file income tax returns on or before above-mentioned date under section 139 (1) can still pay it belatedly, or
If the taxpayer receives any notice under section 142 (1) from the income tax officer in case income tax return is not filed stating to file the required tax within the time specified in the notice and he has missed the due date of the notice as well can still file the income tax return. Such income tax returns which are filed after the due date are called “Belated Return”.
And one can file the belated return at any time of their convenience before the end of the relevant assessment year.
Also, ponder upon following points regarding Belated Return:
- Considerable Assessment date means the due date on which the order of assessment is passed and not on which the taxpayer has received the order
- If the return is filed after the assessment which gets cancelled, the return would still be considered as valid
- Belated return of loss from business/profession is not applicable after the normal due date
- Under the Finance Act 2016, Belated Returns filed under section 139 (4) can be revised, which is applicable from Assessment Year 2017 – 18 onwards.
- The taxpayers are required to pay interest of 1% (simple interest) per month along with tax under section 234 A in case the return is filed after the income tax due date.
What are the penalties for late filing Income Tax Return?
Late filing income tax return is subjected to penalty i.e. penalty of Rs. 5000. Although this penalty has to be paid once the taxpayer receives a notice from the income tax officer, else the penalty is not automatically levied. Hence this penalty depends on the assessment officer.
As per the Emigration Act,1983 certain categories of Indian Passport holders require to obtain “Emigration Clearance” from the office of Protector of Emigrants (POE) for going to certain countries. As per the Emigration Act, “emigration” means the leaving of Indian citizen with the intent of taking up employment in a foreign country. All Ordinary Indian Passports are divided into two categories:
- Emigration Check Required – ECR Passport
- Non-Emigration Check Required – Non-ECR Passport
|Some Important Links Related To Indian Passport|
|Apply For Indian Passport|
|Change Address In Passport|
|Passport Application Status|
Emigration Check Required
ECR refers to Emigration Check Required which is meant to protect illiterate workers emigrating to certain countries to protect them from unscrupulous employees. If you are in the ECR category then, ECR status will be printed on your passport. If you are subject to ECR, then you need an emigration clearance from Protector Of Emigrants(POE) to enter any of the following countries for employment:
- Iraq (Emigration is banned)
- The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- The United Arab Emirates
Documents Required for an ECR Passport Holder While Travelling
- Emigration Clearance Certificate approved by the POE office and Ministry of Overseas Indian Affair
- Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojana Document
The Pravasi Bhartiya Bima Yojana is a compulsory insurance scheme which was introduced in the year 2003, by the Prime Minister, Atal Bihari Vajpayee. This insurance scheme is compulsory for all the workers who are traveling abroad with the ECR passports that means it is mainly for the overseas worker (excluding the countries where the emigration certificate is not required) for employment purpose. This insurance scheme provides with a maximum sum of INR 10 lakh under the scheme which includes (hospitalization, maternity, attendant and legal expenses etc. The application amount is quite reasonable and affordable. For a validation of 2 years it is Rs 275/- and for 3 years it is Rs 375/-.
The premium with the benefits are detailed below:
*It also includes one-way economy airfare to India in case of repatriation due to Employer refusing to employ the worker.
Both of the documents are needed to be shown at the airport while traveling.
According to the Emigration Act in 1983, the ECR categories of Indian passport holders are required to obtain “Emigration Clearance” from the office of the Protector of the Emigrants (POE). The idea behind the ECR is to provide safety to the Indian citizens due to the legal conditions of other countries and is based on the various situations and conditions.
- Workers going abroad for employment need to get an Emigration Stamp before leaving India.
- A specially printed adhesive stamp will be pasted on the passport of workers going out for employment. Entries necessary for the grant of an emigration clearance will be made in these adhesive stamps.
- These stamps are signed by the Protector of Emigrants.
- Emigration clearance to the individuals shall be granted on the same day on which the application is made.
- Emigration clearance is granted for those who are semi-skilled workers for a period of 6 months when applying through authorized recruiting agents with a passport containing valid employment visa.
- If a person concerned is leaving the country for non-employment purposes, he can obtain a suspension of an emigration clearance for a specified country and for a specified period from the Protector of Emigrants.
- This clearance is temporary and is valid only for one journey.
The ECR Suspension is called as the temporary removal of the ECR passport seal and obtaining the Non-ECR status. The ECR suspension is only valid for a certain trip (only one time) to any one of the countries mentioned above. If an ECR passport holder graduates, then he/she can no longer use the ECR passport privilege. He/she has to apply for the non- ECR passport and extend the time period of staying there.
The documents needed to be submitted for ECR suspension are the following:
- ECR suspension application form- fill in the ECR Suspension form, make sure that this suspension is only applicable to the visits only.
- Application fee of 400/-
- Current Passport, original and copy
- Photocopy of Visa
- Photocopy of your confirmed return travel tickets
- For Middle-Eastern countries, submit a sponsorship declaration attested by the Indian Mission/Consulate.
- Address proof.
Submit all the required documents and fees at the Regional Passport Office.
Non-Emigration Check Required
The citizens who are not in the working age and those who are not illiterate or are well qualified educationally will fall under the category of ECNR (Emigration check not required). An applicant will be eligible if the applicant satisfies falling in any one of the following categories and provides the documentary proof.
- All holders of Diplomatic/Official Passports
- All Gazetted Government servants, their spouse and children
- Person having an educational qualification above matriculation
- Person older than 50 years of age
- Children up to age 18 years who are willing to obtain a short validity passport of 5 years will have to submit their documents to prove ECNR category, else ECR stamping will be done.
- Income tax payers in their individual category, their spouse, and children.
The following documents can also be submitted:
- Proof of assessment of income tax and actual payment of income tax for last one year or Income Tax return statement for last year that is stamped by income tax authorities and a copy of PAN card. Applicants submitting NIL income tax return statements are not eligible.
- A Person holding a 2 years of a diploma from any institute recognized by the National Council for Vocational Training or State Council.
- Nurses possessing qualifications recognized under the Indian Nursing Council Act, 1947
- All professional degree holders, their spouse, and children. Example MBBS degree, Engineers, Chartered Accountants, Scientists, Advocates etc.
- All person having stayed in abroad for more than 3 years.
- Sea-men who are in the possession of Continuous Discharge Certificate or Sea Cadets.
- Persons holding Permanent Immigration Visa or documents like Green Card, permanent Residence card etc.
If you don’t fall under this category mentioned above, then you will be issued an ECR passport.
Non-ECR Application Procedure
If you previously held an ECR Passport and now satisfies the conditions stated above, you can apply for an ECNR passport.
Steps for Applying for an ECNR category are as follows
- To apply for a cancellation of ECR stamp in the passport, the applicant is required to fill in a miscellaneous application from EAP-2. This application is to be submitted personally or through a representative (having an authority letter duly signed by the applicant as per the Annexure L or by the registered post.
- A small inclusive fee of 300/- is paid along with the submission of the application form either in cash or by bank draft in favor of Regional Passport Officer of your city.
- Valid passport in original
- Attested two photocopies of the proof that the applicant is entitled as an ECNR, as per mentioned above.
- Address proof
- Two photocopies of the first four and last four pages of the Passport.
- The Government is still trying his best to provide a maximum number of benefits to the ECR and non-ECR categorized people.
India’s largest Life Insurer Company (LIC) has come up with a facility to link the Aadhaar and PAN Card with their Policies online. As per the Government Directive, the last date to link Aadhaar with the LIC is 31st December 2017. The IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India) had earlier said that it is mandatory to link your Aadhaar number with the Insurance Policies under the Prevention of Money Laundering (Maintenance of Records) Second Amendment Rules, 2017.
The Life Insurance India (LIC) has listed the steps or the procedure to link the Aadhaar and PAN online on its Official Website.
Procedure to Link Aadhaar and PAN Card with the Policies Online
- Make sure that you have your Aadhaar and PAN Card along with you with the other policies.
- Log in to the LIC’s Website: www.licindia.in
- On the LIC’s Homepage, you can see a section / link where it is displayed to link your Aadhaar and the PAN Card along with the Policies.
- Click on the click and the LIC will provide you a to-do checklist.
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Enter the mobile number that is registered with UIDAI.
- An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- If in case your Mobile Number is not updated with Aadhaar, then kindly contact the nearest LIC Branch Office for Aadhaar Linking.
- After you are done with the Checklist reading, click on the proceed button located at the bottom of the page.
- After the submission of all the details in the form, a message is received showing that you have successfully completed the registration for linkage.
After the verification of UIDAI, which issues the Aadhaar Card, a SMS or a confirmation e-mail is sent. The verification process will take few days to complete says the Insurer.